Reunions are great times for family bonding...and fielding loads of probing questions from nosy relatives who, for some reason, seem to be more invested in your love life (or lack thereof) than you are. It gets worse if you’re single. Your titas are bound to ask you for the nitty-gritty on your dating life, and trust us, they will ask you why you weren’t able to nab a man despite being the gorgeous catch that you are.
If your usual answer to the inevitable "Bakit wala ka pang boyfriend?" query is "Ganun eh" coupled with an awkward shrug, you might want to check out these snappier alternatives below!
1. Because I’m still learning to love myself.
2. Anong masama kung wala?
3. Ang daming nanliligaw, kaso ang hirap mamili eh.
4. Well, I was dating someone, kaso hindi siya yung icing sa ibabaw ng cupcake ko eh.
5. With all the things I want to do with my life, I really don’t have time for a boyfriend right now.
6. Hindi ko pa kasi nahahanap yung Mr. Right ko eh.
7. Busy ako magpayaman. Career muna.
8. Hindi ko alam na may deadline pala ang paghahanap ng jowa.
9. Bakit, may irereto ka ba sa akin?
10. Wala pang nakakaabot ng standards ko eh.
11. Wala nga akong time magpahinga eh, mag-boyfriend pa kaya?
12. Hindi kasi pang-Pinoy beauty ko.
13. Actually tinatanong ko rin ‘yan sa sarili ko.
14. Torpe lahat ng nagkakagusto sa akin eh.
15. Ay, required ba? Hindi ako informed.
16. Pagod na ako maghanap.
SCREENCAP: How To Be Single/Warner Bros. Pictures (2016); GIFs: Giphy