Surf and chill haven Siargao has officially reopened to tourists, with strict COVID protocols.
Those who will enter the province via Siargao Island Airport and Surigao City Airport should present the following:
- Negative swab or saliva RT-PCR test taken in the last 48 hours
- Valid ID
- Proof of residence (for Surigao del Norte residents only)
- Travel/Mission order (for government APORs only)
- Confirmed booking of accommodation from DOT-accredited establishments for at least 2 nights (for non-resident private APORs and walk-in tourists)
- travel certificate from city or municipality of destination (for tourists invited by locals)
A negative swab/saliva RT-PCR test result is still required for partially or fully-vaccinated individuals.
The local government will also require antigen tests for tourists and private APORs, including partially and fully inoculated visitors, at their own cost after five days from date of arrival, it said.
Those aged 17 years old and below are exempted from presenting a negative swab test result.
Check out these DOT-accredited accommodations allowed to operate in Siargao: