Puerto Princesa in Palawan has never been short of beautiful destinations—from Honda Bay, to the Underground River, to the secret nooks and crannies that only the locals know, it’s long been an escape for those who wish for a fun break from city living.
So if you’re heading to this paradise province with your BFFs for some quality beach bonding, set aside time to visit the newly re-opened Kamia Bay Resort, which claims to have the biggest inflatable water playground in the Philippines.
Located at Binunsulan Bay at Barangay Luzviminda, this getaway is only around 45 minutes away from the heart of Puerto Princesa.
It features a huge (and we mean huge) floating obstacle course that will get your heart rate up. You’ll be balancing, climbing, and sliding ala Tomb Raider the whole time you’re there, which will definitely give your abs a workout.
And speaking of sliding, Kamia has the tallest inflatable slide to satisfy your adventurous streak! Don’t worry, the resort’s lifeguards are more than eager to encourage you to try if you need a (literal) push.
So clear your calendar as Kamia Bay is a full-day adventure. Set on going? Here are a few FN tips you need to remember:
1. Wear a bathing suit that stays on, or wear a rash guard over your bikini top.
The inflatable playground almost looks like a Wipe Out course, so yes, you’ll be exerting a lot of physical effort to go through it. Best dress for it, since you really don't want a wardrobe malfuntion in the middle of climbing up slides.
2. Bring aqua shoes.
While there are pairs that you can borrow, it’s still best to use one that you’re already used to. You’ll need snug-fitting aqua shoes to help you stand on the playground.
3. Bring a water-resistant action camera.
You’d want to have photos to look back on—and facial expressions to laugh at—after a fun experience!
4. Explore the eco trail.
Kamia Bay Resort also has an eco trail which you can trek or bike through. Just remember that if you choose to bike, you’ll need to really have good balance since the road is rough!
5. Bring cash!
Their intro rates are at:
- Aqua Play: Introductory rate of P788 per person inclusive of a one-hour aqua park pass, eco tour, and buffet lunch
- Aqua Play Adventure: Introductory rate of P1,188 per person inclusive of one-hour aqua park pass, eco tour, buffet lunch, and roundtrip transfer
- Aqua Play Unli: Introductory Rate of P1,788 per person inclusive of unlimited aqua park pass, eco tour, and buffet lunch
- Aqua Adventure Unlimited: Introductory rate of P1,788 inclusive of unlimited aqua park pass, eco tour, buffet lunch, and roundtrip transfer
6. Don’t forget your sunblock and your sense of adventure.
Kamia Bay Resort will tickle the child in you, so try to forget about your work issues and just indulge kiddie instincts even for a day. It’s summer, after all!