Reading is an activity that always results in a person different from the one that first opened a newly-purchased book. A few hours of getting lost amidst tales (both real and imagined) of adventure, heartbreak, suffering, and whatnot are enough to spark in the reader a desire for something more—whether it’s as grand as embarking on a solo quest around the world or as mundane as facing one’s day-to-day activities with renewed passion.
Make it your mission to read books written to inspire at least once in a while. Perhaps you’re hoping to make your life a happier one; maybe you just need a pick-me-up to relieve you from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Whatever your reason may be, here are 20 books that should, in one way or another, create a change in you.
For more books to check out, browse through these galleries:
- Holiday Gift Guide 2011: Over 50 Books for Kids, Teens, and Adults
- Making the Jump: 30 Book-to-Screen Crossovers
- Beyond Twilight: 30 Young Adult Reads for Tweens, Teens, and Teens at Heart
- Love, Magic, and Monsters: 30 Fantasy and Paranormal Fiction Must-Reads
- Over 30 Books Your Fellow FNites Are Reading Now