It's the same thing every year: the mad rush for reservations at a romantic place on Valentine's Day, the uncomfortably packed resto where you sit elbow to elbow against other lovey-dovey couples, the overpriced food in a dimly lit establishment cheesily decorated with paper hearts. But you do it anyway, because you and your significant other are lucky enough to have a reason to celebrate the day of love.
This time around, make Valentine's different by surprising your man first thing in the morning. Prepare breakfast for two, right in your own home. No candles, no expensive wine, no overplayed music. It's just no-fuss food, a relaxed setting, and the two of you enjoying each other's company.
Browse through the gallery for decorations you can try, as well as treats and surprises you can prepare.
Preparing for a special Valentine's Day with your man? Here are galleries you can check out:
- 25 Great Date Ideas for You and Your Man
- 50 Things to Do for and with Your Guy This Summer and Beyond
- The Couple’s Guide to Budget Dating: 10 Tips for a Cheap Night Out
- Money Can’t Buy Me Love: 25 Gastos-Free Ways to Show Your Guy You Care
- 30 Things for Couples to Try This Year
(First published in the January-February 2009 issue of Real Living, Entertaining section as "The Breakfast Club;" photos by Toto Labrador; styling by Issa Villar; adapted for use in Female Network.)