Even though we use more electronic devices to send and receive mail and information nowadays, a lot of our transactions still involve paper. Bills, notices, correspondence, and advertisements still make their way to us through traditional means. Because of this, our work stations, desks, and even our homes often get buried in paper.
Want to break away from the junk paper trail? Practice these tactics.
For more tips on clearing your personal space, check out these FN articles:
- Goodbye, Gulo: 6 Tips for Reducing Clutter and Getting Organized
- Organizing at Work: Fix Your Desk to Improve Efficiency at the Office
- 4 Ways to Keep Your Home Office Organized
- Preventive Maintenance: Keeping Your Home Junk-Free
- Cleaning is Cathartic: De-Junk Your Home This Long Weekend!
(First published in Good Housekeeping Magazine, Home 101 section as "Paper, Paper, Everywhere!" in July 2003; adapted for use in Female Network)