So you've given into your kids' puppy eyes and decided to get them a pet. But it isn't as simple as heading for the nearest pet store, picking up the cutest pooch or kitty you see there, and taking it home. You need to make sure you get a pet that is right for your home and right for your kids.
Click through the gallery below to learn a little more about how to go about things properly.
Want to read more articles about pet care? Try these:
- Mommy, Can I Keep Him? 12 Things to Remember When Giving Your Kids Their First Pet
- Canine Companions: 5 Reasons to Get Your Kids a Dog
- What Every Pet Owner Should Know about Vaccines: 5 FAQs and Their Answers
- 10 Questions to Ask Yourself When Picking a Vet
- 16 Basic Items Every New Pet Owner Must Have
- Doggy-Dangerous Munchies: 20 Food Items Not to Feed Your Pooch
- Canine Cribs: 6 Tips for Creating a Dog-Friendly Home
- Fur Files: 10 Things to Consider before Adopting a Pet
- Wipe It! 5 Ways to Deal with Your Pet's Messes
- Food for Your Fur Baby: 5 Things You Should Consider When Picking Dog Chow