When things start to pile up and we have nowhere to put them inside the house, we usually turn to our trusty garage. Old magazines Mom just can't part with, Dad's records from decades past--all of these head straight to the garage. And the same goes for whatever items the family has acquired over the years.
But if you think your junk has taken over your garage, it may well be time to take charge of the space and start reclaiming the area that's really meant for your car. Follow these easy tips and tricks, and soon, you'll no longer have to park outside.
For more handy hints for the home, check out these links:
- Save Your Space: 10 Tips to Keep Your Home Clean and Organized
- Clutter Chic: 10 Easy Decor Ideas for DIY Upcycling
- Paper, Paper, Everywhere: 7 Tips to Rid Your Home or Office of Printed Clutter
- Easy Cleanup: 7 Ways to Organize Your Kids' Stuff
- 6 Questions to Ask Yourself When Buying a Bed
- Paint Magic: 6 Tips to Give New Life to Old Things
(First published in the May 2008 issue of Real Living, Handy Hints section as "Make Room for the Car;" photos by Miguel Nacianceno; produced by Coni Tejada; adapted for use in Female Network)