Well-cared for bed linen will help you sleep more deeply and peacefully. You can extend the lifespan of your linen by washing and drying them properly. Also, when you buy new linen, save the care instructions that come with the package—tape it onto an index card, and keep it handy. Besides that, you should also learn how to take care of each kind of bed linen. Click through the slide show below for some helpful tips for your bedsheets, pillowcases, and duvets or comforters.
For related articles, check out these links:
- 6 Questions to Ask Yourself When Buying a Bed
- Between the Sheets: 4 Different Kinds of Bedsheets
- Moody Hues: Color Motifs to Evoke the Right Mood for Your Bedroom
- Blissful Beds: How to Make a Hospital Corner in 6 Steps
- How to Keep Your Pillows Clean
(First published in Real Living Magazine, Monthy Tip Sheet section as "Proper Bed Linen Care" in May 2009; adapted for use in Female Network. Flashbox photo by Mazzali via Flickr Creative Commons.)