A bed is a big purchase (literally and figuratively) and an investment. It's probably the one piece of furniture in your house you'll end up using the most—more so if you're the kind to work on your bed. You'll be on it 365 days in a year, and it will get a lot of wear and tear, so it definitely is not a buy you can make on the fly.
One important tip to remember is you need to know the dimensions of your bedroom before buying a bed. It's also handy to carry measuring tape when you go out to shop just in case you're not sure about a certain size.
With that in mind, here are six questions you should consider before you head out to make your purchase.
For more handy tips for the home, check out these links:
- Between the Sheets: 4 Different Kinds of Bedsheets
- Flower Power: 4 Ways to Use Florals in the Home
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Condominium Developer
- Paint Magic: 6 Tips to Give New Life to Old Things
- Blissful Beds: How to Make a Hospital Corner in 6 Steps
(First published in the May 2009 issue of Real Living, RL Tip Sheet section as "To Learn: How to Buy the Right Bed;" adapted for Female Network; flashbox photo by Mazzali via Flickr Creative Commons)