Sharing a room with your sister or your best friend can be quite fun, but every girl needs her space. Whether it’s to study, catch up with a friend on the phone, or ogle your latest crush on Facebook, you need to at least be able to pretend that your roommate isn’t around. Here are five ways that could help create your own personal space:
1. Add a colorful rug.
Give your side of the room a personal touch by sneaking a rug underneath your bed or work desk. It’s a non-obtrusive way of saying, “this is my space.”
2. Hang your vision board in plain sight.
Nothing screams you more than your vision board. Hang a large version of it on your wall, so you can always add to it whenever you see something interesting in a magazine or online. Posters of your favorite actors also count.
3. Adopt a totally different color scheme.
Just because you share the same room with your sibling doesn’t mean you have to have the same white walls. Make your half of the room your own by coating it with a different hue.
4. Use a bookshelf as a divider.
If you want to have some semblance of privacy, consider placing a bookshelf in the middle of the room. Get one that is open on all sides, so you’re not completely blocked off from the world.
5. Get a personalized decal.
There’s no better way to make your room your own than by putting your name on it. Get a personalized name decal and stick it on the wall above your headboard or desk.
(1. Photo from Joss & Main via Marla Meridith on Pinterest 2. Photo from Travels with Baggage via Robin Farr || Farewell Stranger on Pinterest 3. Photo from Bobvila via Linda King Wiseman on Pinterest 4. Photo from Dot & Bo via Dot & Bo on Pinterest 5. Photo from Etsy via Courtney Azad on Pinterest)