A tropical home is best suited for the Philippine climate, but it seems a lot of Filipinos want something else—Mediterranean, European, or American Country, even! Before blaming it on colonial mentality, it can also be because many have interpreted the style at its worst. Do you really know what tropical style is? Four Filipino architects--Joel Muñoz, Joven Ignacio, Vincent Martin Pinpin, and John Pangilinan--are all experts in tropical design. They give us the skinny on what “tropical” really means.
For realted articles, check out these links:
- Easy Decor: 4 Tips for Creating a Chic Apartment
- Buy vs. Build: 5 Things to Consider When Getting Your Dream Home
- Take It Easy: 7 Tips to Infuse Your Home with a Vacation Vibe
- Not Just a Pipe Dream: 12 Tips for Buying Your Dream Home
- Real Living helps one woman show off her antiques with a Real Makeover
(First published in Real Living Magazine, Cover Stories section as "Tips for a Tropical Home" in April 2009; adapted for use in Female Network)