When you juggle your career and social life, especially when one or both of these demand a lot of your time and attention, it's easy to forget to take some time out for yourself.
"Me" time, as we like to call it, gets set aside in favor of family time, barkada nights, and projects at work. After all, everyone's relying on you to get your work done or bring that dish to the pot luck party, but you're the only one who really notices if you don't have time to have your nails done regularly or get that monthly massage you promised yourself.
Still, it's important to fill your life with rituals and adventures that make you feel good about who you are, what you're doing, and where you're going. Otherwise, everything starts to feel like a hassle, and you'll find you're headed straight for burnout central.
In the slide show below, we've listed some of the things you may want to make time for in order to enrich your life. Click through our suggestions and let us know your top picks!
Note from the FN Team: Thanks to FNite @ana_v_morales for inspiring us to write this story!
For more ideas on things to do, check out the following articles on Female Network:
- 50 Things to Do for and with Your Guy This Summer and Beyond
- 40 Weekend Activities You Can Do with Your Kids
- 25 Gastos-Free Weekend Ideas for Families
- Look Fabulous Every Day: 25 Get-Gorgeous Moves for an Improved You
- 25 Gastos-Free Ways to Spoil Yourself
- 40 Fun Low-Cost Activities You Can Do without Leaving the House
(Photo by José Francisco V. C. via Flickr Creative Commons)