Happiness is a matter of initiative. Hormones, circumstances, people, and the like can influence the way you feel, but you still have the final decision when it comes to your happiness. Make a conscious decision not to give in to fear, misery, and anxiety. Train yourself to neutralize negative thoughts and transform them into positive ones. Learn the best ways to calm your mind and uplift your spirit.
Although many of these strategies will depend on the person, we nevertheless have a few suggestions on how to focus on being happier and more positive in the slide show below.
For more about happiness, check out these FN links:
- Self-Care Strategies for a Happier, Stress-Free You
- White Lies Can Make You Feel Bad and Cause You to Spend More
- 5 Life Lessons You Can Learn from Shamcey Supsup
- New Study: You Can Think Your Way to Happiness Even When You Lose
- Laughter Really Is the Best Medicine: Research Links Sense of Humor to General Wellbeing
(Photo by Frank Kovalchek via Flicker Creative Commons)