Filipina businesswoman Teresita Sy-Coson of SM Investment Corp. landed on the cover of Forbes Asia's March 2012 issue, ABS-CBNNews.com reports. She is also the only Filipina on Forbes's first ever "Asia's 50 Power Businesswomen" list, which was released in the same issue. Sy-Coson is the daughter of business tycoon Henry Sy, who topped Forbes.com's "Philippines' 40 Richest" list in 2011.
Among the countries dominating the top 50 list were China with 12 women, India with eight, and Singapore with five. There were also four women each from South Korea and Indonesia.
Forbes also made an "Asia's Most Powerful Businesswomen to Watch" list containing 15 women, which included Lisa Gokongwei-Cheng, president of Summit Media, as the only woman from the Philippines.
For more Filipinos making their mark on a global scale, check these out on FN:
- Fil-Am Jessica Sanchez Makes It into the American Idol Top 24
- Get to Know Pinoy American Idol Contestants Thia Megia and Clint Jun Gamboa + Others in the Top 24
- Kelly Price and Giuliana Rancic Stun in Oliver Tolentino
- Two Fil-Ams Make It to So You Think You Can Dance Final 4 + Who's your bet?
- Get to know the 7 Filipina finalists in Avon’s Voices talent search!
- Apl.de.Ap to Join EDSA 25th Anniversary Concert + 5 Ways to Celebrate Being Filipino
- 20 International Stars You Didn’t Know Had Filipino Blood
(Photo courtesy of Forbes Asia)