1/2 cup oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
3 tablespoons dried shrimps
½ cup shrimps, deveined and chopped
½ cup crabmeat, shredded
½ cup Chinese sausage, chopped
¼ cup curry powder
3 cups cooked rice
2 tablespoons ï¬Âï¿½sh sauce
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons brown sugar
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
½ cup pineapple, chopped
2 red chilies, chopped (optional)
2 eggs, scrambled and chopped
Crispy fried sliced shallots
1. Prepare pineapple by cutting it in half, lengthwise. Cut out the flesh and scoop out the juice. Invert pineapple to drain out remaining juice. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and shallots in oil. Then add dried shrimps and cook until toasted.
3. Put in shrimps, crabmeat, and Chinese sausage. Stir until cooked.
4. Add in curry powder and sauté until fragrant.
5. Mix in rice and coat with the curry.
6. Combine seasonings in a small bowl and drizzle over rice. Mix well to distribute all the flavors.
7. Add in remaining ingredients and transfer rice to your pineapple boat.
8. Garnish with chopped eggs and fried shallots.
Yummy tip: Instead of using fresh pineapple, use a small can of pineapple tidbits. For more color and flavor, throw in some raisins.
For more easy-to-do and delicious recipes, practical tips and interesting food features, grab your copy of Yummy Magazine. Available for P95 in newsstands starting March 2007.