Are you an everyday kainan happiness fanatic? Maybe you’re thinking, “How do you even answer such a question?” How about an instant yes? Well, that’s if you grew up breathing and eating the true blue Filipino way, in which mealtime everyday is a happy feast!
This is something all Pinoys should be proud of—we are happy eaters, and we love making the most of our mealtimes. We make sure it is fun and enjoyable every time, all the time! That’s why we have dips and sauces of all sorts and mixes, the famous atsara, crushed siling labuyo, the bagoong-kamatis duo, and a whole bunch of spice-ups that turn otherwise common chow time fare to “yum-wow” time meals. And this is the same reason we always have an ice-cold Coke on our dining tables or wherever our tummies take us.
Still hesitant to admit you’re an everyday kainan happiness fan? Maybe you’re thinking “fanatic” sounds a little bit cuckoo. Well there’s no denying it, the special combination of the refreshingly delicious taste and unique fizz of Coca-Cola gives you that incomparable feeling of fullness every time you match it with any kind of food. And being hooked to it is completely a healthy habit.
This only means you know how to refresh and reward yourself day by day by indulging in that ultimately satisfying formula that makes you happy. But just like everything else, you’ve got to strike a happy balance by practicing moderation and maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle!
Now if you’re still not sure you’re really a die-hard, here’s a checklist that will help you discover the happy eater in you:
10 SIGNS THAT YOU ARE AN EVERYDAY KAINAN HAPPINESS FANATIC
- Your fridge is stuffed with the big Coke Litro (1.5- and/or 2-liter packs) and all sorts of meat, fish, pork, veggies, and spices ready to hit the pan at any time.
- You keep a personal supply of Coke and bags (and bags) of chips and other scrumptious “nibblets” in your office pantry—and sometimes even in your drawer.
- When ordering in restaurants, you pretend to check out the beverage list, even though you’re sure you’re going to order a Coke anyway.
- You burp (big time) every after meal, followed by a long “aaahhhh” and a smile.
- You have that lingering feeling that you have to drink Coke regularly—this can be daily or even several times a day.
- Your motto sounds something like: “Eat it, drink it, burn it. Open happiness.”
- If you go too long eating without Coke, you experience symptoms such as nausea, restlessness, insomnia, depression, sweating, shaking, and anxiety. Though this has actually never happened because you always take your meals with a Coke.
- When in food courts, canteens, and other food joints, your head turns, your mouth waters, and your heart throbs every time you hear a bottle of Coke being popped open.
- You define love with “when New York-style pizza and spicy pasta meet an ice-cold Coke.”
- You appear cheerful, healthy, and energetic every day.
So will the real everyday kainan happiness fanatic please stand up? Tell us all about your “fanatic” moments by leaving a comment at the bottom of this article!