We had our initial food tasting last wednesday. Our AE, Monique, thought that it was our final food tasting that's why she let us choose what will be served, not sure though, she said kasi usually for initial FT there's a pre-selected menu. Haha good thing for us, we got to taste our choices na agad

APPETIZER
> Hoisin crackling pork wrap- So good! Fiance really liked this. It has a perfect balance of sweetness and saltiness. Good for non- adventurous guests
> Chicken on crisp torilla- This is good din. We won't change this one narin since we liked how it tasted. Perfect balance of everything
> Cheese & chorizo croquettas, pimiento aioli- This is the most BLAH! out of everything we ate that day. This was so wrong. When I tasted it, immediately I was like "Eww. What's this?" Baka that day lang though :/
SOUP
> Potato and leek- Super sarap! Highly recommended!!

Though if you think your guests won't like the idea of having veggies in their soup, they won't like this.
*next time, we might try Paella soup though since everyone here raves about it

SALAD
> Watermelon and feta, citrus dressing- I liked this too! However, my fiance didn't like it. According to him, the dressing, candied walnuts, feta cheese and the greens were perfectly good with each other but with the watermelon, he said it overpowered the taste of everything. For me though, it had the right amount of everything, I liked it. So we just might taste barbecue chicken salad next time
FISH *upgrade
> Baked salmon and shrimp in cream, bed of mashed potatoes, slivered almonds- For me it lacked the taste of... I don't know actually. It lacks something. Though my fiance said, it's good so that it'll balance all the saltiness of the other viands so we might still get this (unless they come out with better dishes for salmon in 2017)
SEAFOOD *upgrade/ not in the menu
> Grilled tiger prawns in garlic butter sauce- it was too salty for our taste. We'll get this one parin but we might ask for grilled tiger prawns in lemon butter sauce instead
CHICKEN
> Roast chicken with fennel spice rub, creamed spinach and corn bread- Fiance liked it but we think it just didn't go well with the other food that we had. Parang everything was too 'creamy' na. So we might order roasted rosemary chicken with stuffing, broccoli and cashew salad next time or we'll just say we want roast chicken ala Senor pollo or El pollo loco
PORK
>Pork belly, fig and apple compote, potato puree- this was not what we ordered but we liked it

we were supposed to get the barbecued baby back ribs but they gave us barbecued beef ribs instead
BEEF *upgrade
> Barbecued beef ribs, corn with tarragon butter, baby potatoes /creamed spinach & corn bread- the sauce was how my fiance imagined it to be, it's just that we ordered barbecued baby back ribs and not beef ribs. So we're definitely asking for that next time and make sure they get the right memo

> Tenderloin in ponzu sauce, truffle butter, onion rings- the serving was really big and really thick! Definitely getting this

DESSERT
> Panna cotta with mango- not firm. Not sure if this is how they really make this or it was just that day when we ordered it (But that's the point though, I want to order something that they consistently do right)
> Queso de bola cheesecake- GOOD!! Will order this for sure
> Creme brulee- comments exactly like my comment in panna cotta :-/
> Tiramisu- Not good at all
we might get: banoffee cups, mango and coconut tiramisu, bread pudding with sultanas and cream, and croissant pudding with vanilla sauce next time
Regarding styling of KbyC: Initially, we were set on not getting a stylist but upon seeing their designs, I just felt like kulang sya. Like even if I upgraded everything, it still won't match the work of a stylist. Parang not that elaborate. I actually asked Lori how much it'd cost if I upgraded everything, she quoted this much for my pegs: 10k/VIP table (2), 500-1000/guest table (6), 50k ceremony, 3500 cocktail decor, 3500 photowall so all in all additional 83k. Kaya I might get a stylist nalang
I hope this can helps! Happy food tasting!