Author Topic: Caterer Review: K by Cunanan Part 4  (Read 27046 times)

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
  • blessed | favored | loved
    • Our Wedding
Caterer Review: K by Cunanan Part 4
« on: April 21, 2016, 02:45:26 pm »
Here's the link to Part 3

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,288365.0.html

Sharing our K by C Menu during our wedding for those couples who haven't decided with their final menu just yet, maybe you can try these items or request them during your food tasting. Highly recommended!

HORS D'OEUVRE
-Chicken on Crisp Tortilla, Arugula, Caramelised Onion
-Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Shots
-Honey Nut Shrimps

BREAD
-with Creamy Pesto Spread
-with Roasted Peppers and Garlic

SOUP
-Broccoli and Cheese Soup

SALAD
-Barbecue Chicken Salad

MAIN COURSES
-Slow Cooked Beef, Potato Cakes and Creamed Spinach
-Baked Fish in Cream in a bed of Mashed Potatoes
-Mixed Seafood, Chicken and Chorizo Paella
-Pork Belly, Fig and Apple Compote, Potato Puree
-Carrot Rice, Steamed Rice

DESSERTS
-Queso de Bola Cheesecake
-Chocolate and Hazelnut Cannoli
-White Chocolate Cake
-Flambeed Mangoes with Vanilla Ice Cream
-Fresh Fruits

BEVERAGES
-Raspberry Iced Tea
-Brewed Coffee
-Tarragon Tea

{Wine provided by couple}
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:51:56 pm by belle_v2g »
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Caterer Review: K by Cunanan Part 4
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 03:39:41 pm »
^What package did you get, Belle_v2g? And you made honey nut prawns an appetizer and not a main? Was there an additional charge because of that change?

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »
Hi Rowan! This is package A with Glass Garden. Honey Nut Shrimps are the smaller version of the honey nut prawns. So, no additional charge for that but it was our most popular appetizer that gained most of our guest's IG posts during the wedding. :)

We had additional 3 desserts as part of their wedding expo promo. My coordinator was able to book them for me during the fair.

There were 5 of us during the final food tasting (at no additional charge.) We even requested for additional menu to be served since we're still lacking some food items for each criteria. K by C gave us takeaway boxes because we had plenty of leftovers in the final FT. Jam was my AE back then. Looks like they were lenient before as compared to what they are now coz my MOH booked k by c for their 2017 wedding and only 2 persons are now allowed to have final FT instead of the usual 4.
A GIRL cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prized possessions.
A WOMAN cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.
- N. Mah

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »
^Oh kaya pala:) I checked their 2017 menu and they dont offer honey nut shrimps as appetizer anymore. Im sure I could still ask for it but I really really love honey nut prawns as mains so baka no na hehe. Your package with Glass Garden looks sulit ah. I also noticed you have 2 dips for the bread:) On their 2017 menu it says I can only choose one. Im getting venue and KbyC separately though.

By the way, I attended Big Banquet 4 last weekend and K by C presented new food concoctions. Food was generally very good but some items from Bizu and Juan Carlo were better. Below are my comments:

Appetizer

steak and foie-love this!!!
crostino, wagyu,foie mousse, fig jam- wasnt able to try this but my sister said it was okay. she found the wagyu+jam weird.

Main dish
Butter poached prawn, mousse of banana heart ravioli, prossecco cream- very good but I liked Juan Carlo's ravioli version tastier and creamier.

Specialty
Cotton candy surpresa- Cotton candy with cheese(forgot the type) inside. It was good but I dont know how to categorize it. Appetizer? Palate cleanser? Haha

Dessert
Raspberry sorbetto with white chocolate soup- Really good! I was suppose to vote this for Best Dessert category but Bizu's dessert blew me away! But I think K by C still won Best Dessert.

Beverage
Watermelon sangria- Yum:)

Im not sure if they will be including the new items on the menu. Hope they do, especially the ravioli, steak and foie, and raspberry sorbetto with white chocolate soup!:)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:37:11 pm by rowan »

belle_v2g

• not your ordinary
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Our Wedding
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:57:22 pm »
Looks like they did a lot of revision in their menu. Ours is from the year 2015 pa kasi. :) i requested honey nut prawns in the final FT. Gosh, my then 5 y/o son ate everything. He loved it! But it won't be sulit kasi ang mahal ng add on and 2 prawns lang daw per guest. Eh we are having around 250 guests. Kaya we opted for the appetizer nalang. Haha! :)

- N. Mah

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 10:16:49 pm »
^ Parehas tayo sis, we are also thinking of having the honey nut shrimps as our appetizer.  Una namiss ko sya, then when we were finalizing the menu that we would ask them to serve, nakita namin.  Just so hindin na kami mag upgrade.  hehe. 

Excited na for the final food tasting and detailing. We will have it na in 3 weeks time. :) 

Mas strict na nga sila ngayon for final food tasting,  we are also allowed only 2. hehe
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

lourd3ss

• GirlTalker
    • lourd3ss
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 05:59:37 am »
Just had our final food tasting yesterday. Even if only 2 were allowed, they served us 3 of each appetizers, soup, and salad because my fiance's mom came with us. And then my fiance's friend came to join us halfway through the FT. For the seafood entree and main course, they served 2 of each choice. So in total they served 8 plates of entree but even with 4 people eating, there were leftovers. For the desserts, they served 3 of each kind naman. My AE was also very accommodating and she allowed us to tweak some of the details on our chosen menu.

I'm happy with my stylist's mock up for the centrepieces as well. Decided not to upgrade na because my stylist did what I really wanted- classic and elegant.

I should mention though that I will be having a plated dinner and that I requested/demanded to change AEs back in March because I had issues with the ones assigned to me before.

msdianne

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 02:34:40 pm »
^lourd3ss what is your chosen plated menu?

QueenKat

• Probationary
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »
Hi mga sis,

I'm new here, looking for wedding related stuff while planning for my wedding. Can someone please send me a copy of KbyC rates for 2017? Please send it to katrina.alcantara@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

miming

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:48 pm »
Thanks for the reply sis j.adore :-)

For the freebies wala naman silang issue, bibigay naman nila. Well informed naman sila na nakapackage ako with LOL.

For those who got LOL package, masasarap ba yung menu offered? bet ko din yung prawns, isa yun sa mga tumatak sa isip namin but I havent check thoroughly yung menu ng LOL package if its coming with the prawns.

You have to keep moving, because if you are standing still, everything around you changes, but if you are moving, you are changing everything.

nikkipedia

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 04:07:56 am »
Hi Sissies... I'm having a huge problem with my current booked caterer. We're both overseas and 6months away from our wedding. Im planning to refund and switch to KbyC.

Any idea sissies how can I contact them directly? I remember sending email to them twice before pero no one replied. Can I contact Jam or Lori directly?

Sana may makatulong saken sis. Super stress sa transition sa current caterer. I'd like to book KbyC na lang sana.

pinkonearth

• GirlTalker
  • Just married!
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 04:56:53 am »
Sis nikkipedia, that's enough time. Don't worry, don't panic, it will work out.

I emailed emailus@kbycunanancatering.com with the below info (saw this on their website):

Name:
Contact numbers:
Email address:
Occasion:
Date of event:
Time of event:
Reservation (# of persons):
Venue:
Colors:
Mood/Theme:
Preference in cuisine, if any:
Budget:

I received a reply in less than an hour. I'm not sure if you can contact any person directly but as soon as they had these details and some clarifications, they transferred me to the Events Associate regarding my inquiries.

Will pray for you, dear! Don't fret! You can do this!

yorkiemom

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 10:25:38 am »
^Hi Sis nikkipedia. Here are their contact details:
Ellen Casis
emailus@kbycunanancatering.com
02-9525129
0917-5327997

lourd3ss

• GirlTalker
    • lourd3ss
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 01:55:05 pm »
^msdianne Sorry that it's late but here is our plated set menu from KbyC. Overall I am very satisfied with KbyC's food and service. The servers assigned to us and the VIP tables were attentive. And when I asked around, my guests were happy with the food. At the end of the night, we gave the head waiter money tip for the entire staff.

Cocktail hour:
- Hoisin chicken wrap
- Mini eggs benedict
- Smoked salmon, toast, ricotta, truffle oil
- Portobello fries, wasabi cream

Bread service:
- Assorted bread with: Balsamic and olive oil & Creamy pesto spread

Soup:
- Broccoli and cheese soup

Salad:
- Watermelon and feta cheese, citrus dressing

Seafood entrée:
- Red snapper, mango salsa, coconut cream, served on carrot rice

Sorbet:
-  Dalandan basil sorbet 

Main course
- Slow cooked beef, corn bread, creamed spinach, root vegetables

Dessert table:
- Creme brûlée
- Queso de bola cheesecake
- White chocolate cake
- Flambéed mangoes with vanilla ice cream

Drinks:
- Raspberry iced tea
- Brewed coffee and tea by request
- Bar service
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:20:50 pm by lourd3ss »

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 08:43:57 pm »
@lourd3es- we have some similar food items sa menu hehe.

We just had our final food tasting and detailing kanina. And all I can say is that we were so full after. Although hindi kami super kain kanina, yung small portions na madami had an effect after. I was also able to taste some of their new cakes. Just to let everybody know, they not only have the whote chocolate cake, they will also have some other flavours as well. I was quite happy to have tasted some of their new cakes kanina. And these cakes are their dessert cakes ha, not their wedding cakes. These were by Joy San Gabriel.

For our final food tasting here's what they served us:
Appetizers:
Mini eggs benedict - this.comes with a sliver of prosciutto
Fresh vietnamese spring rolls- bit bland but then again these are supposed to be
Pan de sal bruschetta - good combi

Soup
Broccoli and cheese
Cream of squash
-both are good

Salad
Grilled chicken salad
Insalata caprese
Watermelon and feta- we chose this one to be served at our wedding.

Mains:

Mixed seafood chicken and chorizo paella - to me this is good, my mum found it a bit salty, but to me tama lang lasa nya. The taste of aligue was really there. Although on second thought, I didn't taste the saffron, which is one of the staples in making a good paella.
Crusted dory - not for me ( still haven't decided on the seafood)
Honey nut prawn - not as exciting as I would have thought but it still tastes good.  We just decided to put this sa appetizer. 
Roasted chicken with fennel spuce rub-  to me the fennel was a bit overpowering kaya decided not to get this
Osso Bucco - this was also good. Still having a hard  time choosing between this and the slow cooked beef with an cranberry au jus.
Herbed chicken spatchcock something something - this was what I chose. Tama lang yung cream sauce nya. Well balanced yung taste.

For the dessert they served us:

Queso debola cheesecake- I found it a bit salty
Picatostes with tsokolate - masarap sya. Not overwhelmingly good but good enough. Para syang churros with dark chocolate dip
Coffee panna cotta - really good
Lime and coconut cream pie - for me okay lang sya
Flambeed mangoes and vanilla ice cream- this is one of the desserts we've chosen. Masarap sya in fairness :D
Selection of cakes - they served us 4 small cake slices. Initially I requested the white chocolate cake. But it wasn't available, but since they had these new cake flavours, was able to try them all. For me the best was the chocolate cake. It was moist, not too sweet, had a hint of darkness in it. Sinfully good. I was sold. hehe.

These were the desserts that I didn't choose, pero dahil sa di available yung gusto ko, these were the viands they served us.

For those who were wondering kung bakit parang ang dami yata na food na sinerve during our final food tasting, hindi kasi ako nasayahan sa ibang choices ko kasi I requested most of the dishes served.  I wanted to see what else they could offer. I was happy naman. Now I just have to make up my mind regarding our beef and fish choice. By the way we chose their package 1 plus lechon.

My AE naman is Rann and Nina is my stylist. Ngayon parang naexcite na ako. 29 days and counting till our church wedding. Nakakaexcite and nakaka stress pa more hehe.

satv

• Probationary
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 09:33:16 pm »
Kanina din kami and si Rann and Nina din stylist namin.

Sayang. Pwede pala mag request pa ng ibang food. May mga di rin kasi ako magustuhan pa and wanted to try more.

Super happy with our mock table set up. Nakuha talaga ni Nina yung gusto ko :)

Over all no regrets with them.

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 12:51:15 am »
@satv -  Was it also your final food tasting and detailing? :)  I think pag ganun pumapayag sila, so that they can proceed with the contract. :) Although, napansin ko, pag final detailing, they do serve more food compared to initial food tasting :) Anyways, good luck on your preps :)

ambersav

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 10:38:24 am »
Hello mga sis! I am new here and would like to ask for your help. We really like K by Cunanan to be our caterer sana kaya lang madaming reviews na okay daw sa food tasting but sa event hindi na. So medyo worried ako. So naisip namin if K by cunanan ba or Passion Cooks. Help please???

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 10:44:42 am »
^ only you can decide on which  caterer you want. Have you tried having a food tasting on both? Try backreading sis for the reviews. Try backreading on this thread and the supplier ratings thread if you want to have an idea. So far I am happy with them. But then I am a KbyC bride.

lourd3ss

• GirlTalker
    • lourd3ss
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 11:26:47 am »
In my experience, I didn't consider any other caterer besides KbyC and Bizu because they're the only ones that offer plated dinner service. I'm very happy with KbyC's food and service on our wedding day naman. I like their styling and the quality of the food is consistent during the final FT and the actual event.

My advice is once you've made up your mind with your caterer, have faith on them na lang. Don't compare them with other caterers and don't fret if you read negative reviews about them. Most importantly, do not go looking for other caterers with better packages/freebies because you might have second thoughts on your choice or might be tempted to switch to another caterer.   

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close