Author Topic: Caterer Review: K by Cunanan Part 4  (Read 27161 times)

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Caterer Review: K by Cunanan Part 4
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 11:48:05 am »
^ They usually hold it sa office nila in Greenmeadows.  You will need to schedule an appointment though, as most of the time fully booked sila.
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

j.adore

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 01:05:15 pm »
hello co-future brides!

Dec2016 tagaytay bride here. hope you could help me in my questions below:

1) Kumuha pa ba kayo ng separate stylist? Kasi naisip ko ang additional lang naman na gusto ko is the registration table, photo wall and a string of lights. hehe parang sayang naman mag hire ng stylist na separate for those lang.

2) Ano yung LOL+KBYC package?

Thanks in advance!

-

Ask your AE for a proposal. Kung di enough para sayo, get a separate stylist. Pero I think kaya naman nila kung yun lang :)

Package means via the venue yung contract and payments. Compare the rates of package versus separate venue and caterer rates. Usually mas mura yung package though it will depend on the upgrades you want.

Hi sisses, overseas bride here at matagal pa ako bago maka uwi at mag FT.
I had been seriously considering KbyC, pero never attended a wedding na sila ang caterer.
Comment ng Ate ko, konti lang daw serving, di naman daw gaanong kasarapan.
Masyado lang bang maarte kapatid ko? Madalas kasi hotel weddings ang pinupuntahan niya, and medyo foodie rin.
Super affordable kasi ni KbyC kumpara sa iba na wala pang styling.... Kayo ba sisses natikman niyo na food nila sa actual wedding, hindi lang sa FT?

The reason why KbyC became my non-nego supplier was because I attended an actual wedding na supplier sila :)

If you absolutely want, try asking if they will allow you to taste food in an actual wedding. Maybe for a fee or what dun kayo sa kitchen area.

In my experience, I didn't consider any other caterer besides KbyC and Bizu because they're the only ones that offer plated dinner service. I'm very happy with KbyC's food and service on our wedding day naman. I like their styling and the quality of the food is consistent during the final FT and the actual event.

My advice is once you've made up your mind with your caterer, have faith on them na lang. Don't compare them with other caterers and don't fret if you read negative reviews about them. Most importantly, do not go looking for other caterers with better packages/freebies because you might have second thoughts on your choice or might be tempted to switch to another caterer.   

Same here :) We did attend several grand FT events just for the eating haha but no second thoughts nor regrets sa KbyC.
Our guests who know the supplier were like "wow, KbyC!" and then those who don't were really happy with the food and amazed pati styling sa kanila galing.

This is very good advise not just for caterers but for all suppliers.

Hello mga sis! I am new here and would like to ask for your help. We really like K by Cunanan to be our caterer sana kaya lang madaming reviews na okay daw sa food tasting but sa event hindi na. So medyo worried ako. So naisip namin if K by cunanan ba or Passion Cooks. Help please???

From where itong reviews?

PC masarap din and they are very nice. In case you have limitations and special requests, they are willing to discuss to see how they can accommodate you.
Nakulangan lang ako sa styling nila because you need to add pa unlike KbyC included na and they have a lot of materials you can choose from.

iamdindin07

• Probationary
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 08:06:05 am »
Hi acebellmia!

You can get one at tomorrow's bridal fair if you're going. If not, Ill get one for you :)

rowan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 04:06:03 pm »
I had my first food tasting with K by C yesterday with my fiance and his 2 cousins and we all loved the food and had a great time talking to our AE, Bea. I actually lowered my expectations and was scared my fiancee and his cousins will be disappointed. This is because the feedback I gathered about K by C is their first food tastings are usually underwhelming but it gets better on the following tastings then they really deliver on the day itself. We gave stars to the following items:

Appetizer:

Cotton candy, cheesecake, sea salt, truffle oil-Definitely getting this one despite the extra manpower fee
Portobello fried with wasabi-Wasabi is not too strong so I think its fine for the non adventurous eaters
Seared tuna, crisp tortilla, arugula, caramelized onions

Soup

Paella soup-Very filling! Will get this one too despite being an upgrade. I think we only have a couple of guests who have allergies to seafood.

Salad

Romaine, salted egg, cherry tomatoes, cashews, tinapa aioli-Very tasty

Main Dishes

Honey nut prawns- Will definitely get this one too. the one they served lacks sauce but a couple of us have already tasted it from past weddings so we know its a winner.
Pork belly with red chimichurri, creamed corn
Slow cooked beef, au jus, horse radish with fried rosemary potatoes and french beans-Im actually on the fence with this because the horse radish tasted too powerful for me but all 3 of them loved it. Something new daw. My fiancee strongly wants this so we will still get it. I just have to tell them to make sure the beef is soft come wedding day, or advise me if I need to upgrade the meat to ensure quality.
Goat cheese and chorizo pasta-good but it cant be served together with the tinapa salad coz they taste the same.

Desserts

Croissant pudding, vanilla sauce-Will definitely get this too. Very filling so sulit for the price
Mango and coconut tiramisu

On our next food tasting, I will request the hoisin wraps, steak and foie gras, baby back ribs, slow cooked beef in ponzu,piscatostes, flambe and their other chicken and fish items.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 01:16:03 pm by rowan »

msdianne

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 01:58:32 am »
Sorry to pry but how much do you allot for the tip sa waiters? Thank you :)

angel_mom

• Probationary
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 09:23:21 am »
Any Narra Hill bride here? We're having issues now regarding the tables and chairs rental. K by C will get the chairs and tables from Narra Hill but they want us to pay 50% of the rental cost. We find this unfair since we were just informed this week when we have booked last year pa.

Missus O

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 01:50:27 pm »
^ Why won't K by Cunanan use their own tables and chairs?  Unless you want to use Narra Hill's, in that case,  if Narra Hill does not include the chairs and tables in their rental contract, kayo talaga mag sho-shoulder nun. Kasi in our case, I wanted to use Balay Indang's tables and chairs pero they still insisted to use their own. 
what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

angel_mom

• Probationary
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 03:07:27 pm »
^ According to my AE, with regards to their logistics daw it's better to get the chairs and tables from Narra Hill. So yun ang nirereklamo namin, they should not let us pay for the rental fee since sila nag-decide non. In their package, chairs and tables are included na so they should not pass the rental cost to us.

Babydoll-

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2016, 11:01:51 am »
Hi sisses, has anyone availed the 10th Year Anniversary promo of K by Cunanan? How is this different from their regular package?

c00kies

• Probationary
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2016, 10:00:44 pm »
Hi sisses, has anyone availed the 10th Year Anniversary promo of K by Cunanan? How is this different from their regular package?

We booked them last September 2015 that this would still be applicable in our Jan 2017 wedding. I just had my intial FT with them recently but they've indicated the 2017 rates (which is about PHP1100). Can anyone advise?

Anyway, to answer your question, the 10th year anniversary promo is a bit cheaper but with limited food options.

Hope this helps! :)

jesuiskareen

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 07:19:45 pm »

From what I understood with my AE, the price of the package is lower but you have to choose if you're getting soup OR salad. Unlike with regular package na you get both soup AND salad.

Babydoll-

• GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 10:54:19 am »
^Thank you sis c00kies and jesuiskareen!  Wala din daw kasamang cake yung 10th Year Anniv Promo.

Also, I want to ask, kasi we can only taste a number of food in the Final Tasting. What dishes (appetizer, soup, salad, main dish, dessert) can you highly recommend mga sisses?

jesuiskareen

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 11:26:58 am »
Also, I want to ask, kasi we can only taste a number of food in the Final Tasting. What dishes (appetizer, soup, salad, main dish, dessert) can you highly recommend mga sisses?

My AE recommended their new dessert: Cotton Candy Sorpesa. It's cotton candy with cheesecake inside daw. Haha! There's an additional cost lang daw for man power.

So far, sa naattendan ko na weddings catered by KbyC, I really like the following:
Brocolli & Cheese Soup
BBQ Chicken Salad
Beef with Ponzu & Truffle Sauce, Onion Rings (I think)
Honey Nut Prawns
Mango & Coconut Tiramisu

My final tasting is next month already pero we haven't finalized the food na itry namin for tasting. Super excited! :)

artsymomtobe

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 08:58:30 pm »
We had K by Cunanan as our caterer during our wedding last December 2015 - our AE was Nicole and Stylist was Lori. Super okay naman ang service nila despite last minute changes (we were prepared for a garden reception but due to the storm, nag Plan B kami).

I would say detail and styling could have been better (design kasi ang field ko so mejo maarte ako about small things), but otherwise magaling sila, even yung staff that served our guests were very courteous. And of course, the only comments we kept on getting was about how delicious the food was. ;D So so happy after hearing our satisfied guests, it was definitely worth every peso!

Oh and we booked them a year in advance from a bridal fair at MOA, so we got 3 free desserts pa hihi. :)
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways (Psalm 91:11)

rouged.ramen

• GirlTalker
  • MARRIED.
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2016, 05:50:30 pm »
We also had our initial food tasting last August 26 and the menu they served was also the same with Rowan's first FT.  We haven't booked them yet but we're going to drop by SMX this weekend to finally seal the deal; Bea is also our AE and Lori will be our stylist.

Anyone who opted to use long tables only instead of round tables?  How much is the styling upgrade for this?  Bea informed me that long tables require more styling/decor so I'm assuming this is an upgrade already?

^artsymomtobe kindly expound about the "styling could have been better"?  What happened?

lots-o

• Junior GirlTalker
  • explore the world like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2016, 05:56:47 pm »
Im also looking into long tables than round pero hindi ko pa madiscuss with k cunanan kasi kukunin ko sila package with blue leaf. Let me know pag meron ka na quote sis rouged.ramen

rouged.ramen

• GirlTalker
  • MARRIED.
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2016, 06:12:53 pm »
I will update you once I get my answer.  Medjo matagal lang sumagot si Bea maybe because BER months na and busy sila; last email niya last night lang when I emailed her 5 days ago pa.

Medjo madami na din ako kasi naitanong during the FT and previous emails so aantayin ko na lang Bridal Fair on Saturday to ask more questions and when booked na kami (at least may "right" na ko, hehe!).

I'm having a hard time din looking for a venue kasi kaya yun muna focus ko now.  I found one that fits our criteria and budget but bawal naman mag-mount ng anything sa ceiling and walls so I'm thinking of renting trusses and draperies but parang ang mahal so I'm scouting for other options.  But whatever happens, KbyC na talaga kami.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 08:42:49 pm by rouged.ramen »

febbie07

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2016, 08:52:49 pm »
has anyone here experienced requesting na papaltan ang AE nila sa kbycunanan? Pumayag ba?

nerakmd

• GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »
Hi! We've scheduled our first food tasting this month. Anyone here has Meg as their AE? Sino yung usual partner nya na stylist? Thanks.

lots-o

• Junior GirlTalker
  • explore the world like there's no tomorrow
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2016, 09:48:21 am »
I will update you once I get my answer.  Medjo matagal lang sumagot si Bea maybe because BER months na and busy sila; last email niya last night lang when I emailed her 5 days ago pa.

Medjo madami na din ako kasi naitanong during the FT and previous emails so aantayin ko na lang Bridal Fair on Saturday to ask more questions and when booked na kami (at least may "right" na ko, hehe!).

I'm having a hard time din looking for a venue kasi kaya yun muna focus ko now.  I found one that fits our criteria and budget but bawal naman mag-mount ng anything sa ceiling and walls so I'm thinking of renting trusses and draperies but parang ang mahal so I'm scouting for other options.  But whatever happens, KbyC na talaga kami.

Sige sis will wait nalang for you.

thanks

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close