Author Topic: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)  (Read 50147 times)

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »

Momo need mo yan, I'm thinking nga lalagyan ko pa sya ng Japanese lantern.

http://www.sperrytentshamptons.com/products/lighting/japanese-lanterns/

Ladies,

Eto pa yung additional decors na gusto ko sana, may alam ba kayong supplier?
1) Butterflies
2) Customize sailboat

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2016, 12:16:44 am »
Thanks sis momo,

Please let me know how he is. Mukhang magaling naman. I was looking for a duo (the one we saw performing) Hanap ako videos later, I have it somewhere. Although I think pag 1 person lang baka mas maka save kami.  Thanks again!

bro pat,
This was the first string / lantern lights I saw for a Boracay wedding and I really wanted to copy it sana.
http://brideandbreakfast.ph/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Omar-and-Kyaw-49.jpg

I didn't bother sa sailboat, initial quote we got was 30k, not sure if accurate or ballpark estimate lang.

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2016, 05:13:08 am »
Fat_pat, nice naman youre hands on groom. How I wish hubby was like that before the wedding lol. He's more on the financial side/expenses lang talaga and told me to let Amanda do everything for us. Although we have props/decorations that we brought in the Island and we left them all after. I even wanted to bring my bouquet with me and yung sailboat but sobra dami na namen dala.

I agree on getting a coordinator kahit pa OTD. I couldn't imagine our big day if Amanda and her crew weren't there with us. I was about to turn to a bridezilla only because the weather wasn't cooperating. Amanda kept us updated from time to time regarding the weather and asked if we wanted to risk it. I said YES!! And she was like, "no problem mam" with all smiles. It was getting really dark and windy. We still went ahead, it drizzled a bit, buti na lang! No sunset but it's okay. That moment walking down the that long stairs of Asya was all worth it with the fiance waiting and all your loved ones witnessing. :)

We had an acoustic band who played during the cocktails and reception. You get to choose songs from their list and you can request as well. I also asked for live band- i forgot the name, but its too expensive for us na and they require their own sound system. Our guests liked them (acoustic band), we mixed new and old songs just fit for the oldies guests na rin so they won't feel left out.:)

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2016, 05:19:59 am »
Sis MichelleZ,

Do you remember the name of the acoustic band who played at your wedding?

Did you have DJ and Accoustic band or 1 lang?

Thank you  :)

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2016, 08:34:44 am »
April,

I remember Leslie was saying that the supplier will be providing globe lights only, she said that we need to buy the lantern. Don't worry its available on party shop here in Manila, oh wait you are from Vancouver right? It should be available on your local party shop, its also available in OLX around 50-100 pesos. Need lang ikabit yung lantern sa bulb.

Thats why im keen on having those rattan LED lights (from the link I posted before) as it emulates the effect of the lanterns.

By the way nakita ko sa FB ng mulberry my wedding sila sa Asya, with string lights, so you can ask them kung pwede ba sa 2017

Kung ganun price ng sailboat I think I'll gonna ditch that Idea.


@MichelleZ,

Welcome back again sa forum, thanks pala sa mga info na PM mo sakin. It was really helpful.
Sa expense naman hati kami ni Bride, as you know traditionally dapat ky groom or mas malaki sa kanya, but hindi kaya ng solong budget ko eh, so need help from her financially. So need to make-up nalang with all this leg work.

Mukhang naging OK naman yung wedding mo sa nakita ko sa video, mukhang nag cooperate naman si haring araw.

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2016, 09:49:57 am »
Sis MichelleZ

link naman to your wedding oh.  :)

Bro fat_pat,

can you send me a link of mismong globe lights na pwedeng i-ship from the states?

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2016, 10:03:22 am »
Momo,

Yung globelight ay yung fist size bulb na makikita mo usally sa mga bahay. Supplied sya locally from Boracay na contact ng Asya. But April is saying the last time she talked with Mulberry baka daw hindi na sila mag ssupply sa 2017 kasi madaling masira yung light. April is confirming it separately with Mulberry and I'll try to confirm it also with Leslie (Asya) pag nag meeting kami bukas.

Eto yung sample nya

http://www.decorlookalikes.com/crate-and-barrel/brand-name-throwdown-globe-bulb-string-lights/


Namamahalan nga ako sa quotation na 10k for Hundred bulbs only plus 5K sa electricity (paid to Asya). Kaya naghahanap ako ng alternative eto yung nakita ko sa Lazada which is battery operated string lights (mas maliit sya keysa globe lights) at battery operated.

http://www.lazada.com.ph/20-led-rattan-ball-string-fairy-lights-for-christmas-xmas-wedding-party-decor-warm-white-2972119.html

or

http://www.lazada.com.ph/10m-battery-powered-operated-led-fairy-string-light-lamp-christmas-halloween-purple-2971898.html


Another option I'm thinking, since parang Xmas decor lang naman sya, I'll look around sa Divisoria pag malapit na XMas season.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:19:05 am by fat_pat »

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2016, 10:28:10 am »
Bro pat,

This is the supplier Asya forwarded. I think this is the 10k one with set up and take down.

Nts- jr  09165875932 / 09179096447 ntsaudio@icloud.com

Keep in mind lang na if you bring your own lights,  you still need man power for setup and take down. (Aka hire locals to do it since your family and friends will be busy preparing)

Please let me know how your.convo goes with Asya because from what I'm getting from you, parang available pa [textspeak!] globe lights?

I'm confused na. Haha

I'm actually gonna ask my family from Bacolod to buy the lanterns.  We found a place that sells them for 26 pesos each :)

I'll also ask Mulberry about their recent wedding. The setup was nice and they used globe lights.

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2016, 11:06:52 am »
April,

Yes I'll keep that in mind, actually I'm thinking of hiring a full time help for the setup and carpentry services, to install decors, signs and etc., I'll ask mulberry kung my contact sila.

Nakita ko yung FB pacge nila (they are based in Kalibo) and I will try to contact them, they are an audio and lighting supplier (like sound system and lights). There should be a lot of sound and light suppliers in boracay and Kalibo, tulad nung mga ginagamit sa disco sa Brgy. :-). I'll try to search FB and google for audio (and potentially lighting supplier) in Kalibo and Boracay area.

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2016, 12:22:09 pm »
Hi sis april_kristina,

Its deo flores acosta yung name ng acoustic band I got from Amanda. Duo lang sis kinuha namen which consist of female and male singers. Its up to you sis if you want both male or both female. We didn't hire a DJ and just availed yung sa Asya and the sound system we availed courtesy of Amanda. I didn't even think of having a DJ, ok naman yung music after party. You can even request songs from one of Asya's staff who controls the music. Our chinese friends even hooked up their mobile phone and played their songs, super enjoy sila lol. By the way sis, mahal yung sailboat na 30k. Is that for display or going to parked at the ceremony or you'll use it like pag enter ni groom? I saw some couple do that kasi.

Bro fat_pat. Been so busy with work kasi. Actually, I also shared sa expenses like for other stuff that I didn't mentioned to hubby na may bayad pa like the welcome bags, food for the suppliers, giveaways for the entou etc. lol. Maarte kasi ako and gusto ko talaga masatisfy yung mga guests namen. Although hubby shouldered the airfare and accom of his family and friends (grabe ewan ko ba!) pero from my side, KKB na sila and most of my friends din.

Sis momo_chan, official photos are not out yet sis. I should have them middle of April.:) I will post the link here. For now, I only have our SDE i posted earlier here. :)

Can I just add, I have nothing but good praises sa staff of Asya. Service is so goooodd, big spacious room, friendly staff (everyone will greet and congratulate you when they see you) and the food was superb! Yung cocktail food pa lang, busog na our guests and they said it was really nice! Family of hubby are picky when it comes to food ha. Oh and Their grissini sticks with tinapa dip is delicious! Lol. :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:26:12 pm by MichelleZ »

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2016, 12:30:34 pm »
Mich,

Thanks sa info, matagal na ako talaga naghahanap ng info kung need ba ng DJ just to run the sound system, play and pause the music. Turns out my staff naman pala yung asya.

Did you also get Pleiocene for the pics?

Ladies,

Pahingi naman ng ball park estimate naman ng acoustic singers a duo would do. Sorry ha hindi ko matanong sa coord namin, wala pa kasi. Nag uusap pa kami ng mulberry but will book them soon.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:19:38 pm by fat_pat »

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2016, 01:37:10 pm »
Bro pat, we got MangoRed for photos. Yes I knew that it will cost us more if we hire a DJ. Short lang naman yung reception and we had a short program as well. My brother was our emcee during the ceremony and the reception. I wanted kasi our emcee na at least knows us as a couple and my brother get used to doing that "job" as emcee kasi lol sa school namen before and even sa gatherings of his friends.

I came across mulberry sa instagram before and they look promising. :) But we already booked Amanda that time and never regretted it.:)

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2016, 03:01:42 pm »
Ladies,

I also have this idea for the cocktail part of having a starbucks booth, nabasa ko kasi sa ibang threads dito about sa starbucks booth and maraming postive review. I just don't know kung yung Starbucks boracay ay open for events.

Any feedback on this?

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2016, 03:43:46 pm »
ay guys, pa-rant lang saglit.

Nagtext si Mother Dear na may dinner kami later with my titas from the states - the same titas na kukunin namin ni fiance as part of our sponsors. so since thursday na ang flight nila, and since never really met pa nila si fiance, i decided to call him kahit super short notice.

i asked him if he could make time for the dinner, at di daw sya pwede kasi may game sya! jusko. "if maaga yung dinner, baka pwede pa"

i mean dude, i know it was short notice, pero haller naman. family dinner to. e weekly mo naman kalaro ng DND yang mga yan. kaloka lang.

hay. yung mga bridesmaids ko tawa na lang.

fat_pat

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2016, 04:31:10 pm »
Momo,

Dungeons and Dragons ba yan? I'm hook to a similar game as well, Magic cards, well coming off from a guy who love games, no comment na lang.

Joke lang, I mean pa minsan2x lang naman yun, pwede naman i resched yung storytelling session  ;D and minsan lang naman dumalaw so find time naman for the dinner.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:39:09 pm by fat_pat »

momo_chan

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »
Dude,

naglalaro din naman ako (yan ang common interest namin ni fiance - video games + board games) pero naman, pinagbigyan ko na nga siya kagabi (na inabot kami ng 12mn, 6 pm kami nagstart non ah).

pero uy Magic! pero never akong nahilig jan. mahal masyadong magMagic the Gathering. sleeves palang nakakaubos na eh hahaha

speaking of - i always wanted to incorporate our love(passion) for games sa wedding - but it's tricky eh. i dont want my wedding to be tacky and childish, pero at the same time gusto ko din na isama sa details/styling (kahit subtle lang) namin yung pagiging gamers namin.

gawin ko na lang kaya na couple playing video games as cake toppers? any other ideas? LOL

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35:36 am »
Bro pat, please share info when you have it na. I have friends who live in Ilo-Ilo. I’ll ask help for light/sound system suppliers as well. Still haven’t talked to Mulberry about their latest wedding, but I will today – will ask about lights + acoustic singers; will update you.

Thanks sis MichelleZ for the acoustic info. I’ll check with Mulberry who they know as well.  Now I’m considering not getting a DJ and have Asya staff man the sound system. I think DJs are 10k? (not confirmed yet, initial quote I got). Yes, initial quote for sailboat is 30K. For me lang ha, it’s extravagant. Same price as fireworks. I think I’d go for fireworks na lang if budget permits. Guests and the fiancé would get more fun from it I think. Haha

I’m actually excited for the food. We went in Feb with my mom and mulberry for the Taste Test. T T pa lang busog ka na. The tinapa dip is da bomb  ;D

EMCEE, will any of you be hiring one? We want someone close to us sana but no one wants to step up.

DND, sis momo I understand your frustration on DND. My fiancé’s friend is missing their curling *CHAMPIONSHIP* game for DND. Hayyyyyy ewan it’s more important for him daw. Haha.

Momo and pat, if you’re looking for giveaway suggestions, we ordered katsa bags for less than 40Pesos each with print from ALEWALDZ BAGS and sent them to Mulberry’s office. 

Here is ours.
https://www.facebook.com/mulberryeventsandplanning/photos/pb.726467390723045.-2207520000.1459874040./942384602464655/?type=3&theater

Alewaldz FB page - Ms Tess.
https://www.facebook.com/Alewaldz-Bags-1552011595057868/

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2016, 05:40:42 am »
Hi april_kristina. Glad to help sis. Yes as Mulberry if they know them. They were good, even it was starting to rain while they were performing, they still went ahead.:) We had sailboat and was parked during the ceremony & reception. We used that also sa photo ops and the guests took photo of them with the sailboat as well.:) If I remember right, It should costs around 10-12k with the design already. Ours costed us 15k because may caricature yung samen and said na we have to add. We didnt go for fireworks since para saken, its too much and it will lasts for about 2 mins or 4 mins with boat. Hubby wanted it pero told him no. Lol.

Lol I miss that tinapa dip actually! Lucky you sis you had Food tasting yet, kami ni hubby wala na. As in we went to Boracay 3 days before our wedding since we came from overseas. But the food and service didn't disappoint. And super dami pa, yan din nga comment ng mga guests. Lol.:)

We also had personalized welcome bags/katsa bags that we got from our invititation supplier - iced design and prints from Laguna then sent it over to Amanda. :)

april_kristina

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2016, 06:00:28 am »
Thanks sis MichelleZ!

Really 15k lang? Can you share your sailboat supplier? bro pat, sis momo I was told to budget 20K for sailboat to include design and permit (NOT the 30k I initially shared - so sorry for the wrong info)

If it's half the price of fireworks, then maybe we will reconsider but maybe one of the last few things na lang. 

What about sand castles? Did anyone have a quote/info for this?

MichelleZ

  • Guest
Re: BORACAY Wedding (Thread 3)
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:24 am »
Sis april, we got the supplier from Amanda sis e. We didnt dealt with them straight kaya hindi ko nakuha yunG name ng supplier sorry. But maybe sarili na nila Amanda yung sailboat im not sure e. Full or partial coord ka ba kay mulberry sis? Maybe you can ask them for this. Usually kasi they know a lot of local suppliers sa island.

As for the sand castle, we had this one too. The price vary on the sizes. We got the simplest design ata yun then put our names & date and it costed mga 3,5k. And this one we got from Amanda rin sis.:)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close