Author Topic: DIY Wedding Part 11  (Read 68196 times)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2015, 03:48:24 pm »
I started the DIY with the entourage invites :)

Sharing our "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" invite:

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Ruth_Altabano/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0428_zpsa7jmca7e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

The heart pendant is a locket so if in-open, may message na "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" sa loob :)

aaawwww! so so pretty!

kateguerzon08

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2015, 04:49:43 pm »
pasali po sa mga diy on your wedding..planning to start by next month with a filipiniana theme and black and yellow motiff..saka magba-backread pa ko baka may suggestions na on the same theme and motiffs..

so far naaaliw ako magbasa and naeengganyo at the same sa mga ideas dito..thanks mga sis!  ;D

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »
Thanks sis 120515
Post ko din [ang para sa male entourage once matapos na. Excited na kabado ako sa reaction nila.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:13:51 pm by peachlipstick »

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2015, 07:05:30 am »
sis peachlipstick, gagawa ka ba ng wedding banner (e.g Here comes your bride, etc). Papost din pag meron na ha? Plan ko iDIY yan kung kaya ng powers ko hahaha.

mamey

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2015, 08:18:46 am »
Hi mga sis pls recommend supplier ng round wood with bark.. For my table number sana :) thank you!😊

shrek250190

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2015, 10:06:53 am »
Hi mga sis.  kamusta naman ang mga diy nyo?  gusto ko ding magpost ng diy namin.  panu ba magpost?

sis peachlipstick ang galing mo naman.  ganda ng gawa mo..galing!! :-)

peachlipstick

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2015, 12:20:27 pm »
sis peachlipstick, gagawa ka ba ng wedding banner (e.g Here comes your bride, etc). Papost din pag meron na ha? Plan ko iDIY yan kung kaya ng powers ko hahaha.

Thanks sis yannuh, yes po I'm planning to DIY the banners, pag di kinaya ng powers ko, papagawa ko sa tito ko since he's a lot better in lettering than me :)

Hi mga sis.  kamusta naman ang mga diy nyo?  gusto ko ding magpost ng diy namin.  panu ba magpost?

sis peachlipstick ang galing mo naman.  ganda ng gawa mo..galing!! :-)

Thanks shrek250190. What I did was to create an account sa photobucket then shared the URL of the image here :) Patingin din ng DIY mo ha :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #327 on: May 24, 2015, 04:06:17 pm »
My wedding theme is travel, and since I don't want to spend for an event stylist, I bought some stuff to add to my caterer's basic styling.

We couldn't find vintage luggage sets..

There are vintage luggage sets in Rustan's Fresh in Corinthian Hills, surprisingly.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #328 on: May 24, 2015, 04:14:50 pm »
I don't even have a third of the DIY skills you girls on this thread have, so we won't be DIY-ing much of our wedding as of now. Hehe. But I do want to try my hand at creating a DIY monogram, just to see if I can come up with a nice one. I want the design na may laurel tapos the text inside is in calligraphy font. But i've been having trouble looking for a website offering it for free. Would any of you know where I can get it? I have nearly zero photoshop skills kasi so i am shopping around for an instant one, the kind na you'll just change the text inside :))

simang

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #329 on: May 24, 2015, 05:12:18 pm »
^sis, you may want to check these out:

http://justagirlandherblog.com/how-to-create-a-monogram-in-word/

http://www.projectwedding.com/ideas/26856/diy-wedding-challenge-how-to-design-your-own-monogram-in-microsoft-word

I made our own monogram without photoshoot. MS Word, Mac Preview lang. Hope that helps. :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #330 on: May 24, 2015, 06:11:04 pm »
Thanks simang i saw this nga when i backread. Kaso yung gusto kasi naming monogram, may graphics, hindi lang letters na arranged together. And it is so challenging looking for customizable monograms online. Yung font din, alam ko na ano pero i cant find a free one online to download. Or i just don't know where to look. Haha.

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #331 on: May 24, 2015, 06:28:41 pm »
^Sis sparklingjewel, have you tried etsy?

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #332 on: May 24, 2015, 08:46:06 pm »
^I'm aware of Etsy na sis im just looking for a free option kung meron. Medyo mahal rin Etsy eh. Hehe ayoko gumastos pa muna for this. If my little DIY fails i still have my invitation supplier to do it for me.

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #333 on: May 24, 2015, 09:41:13 pm »
hi sparklingjewel, i have some chalkboard florals. they're all white though so they look best against a dark background. if you'd like to check them out, just pm me your email and i'll send them over to you.

LingMVL

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2015, 09:58:18 pm »
^I'm aware of Etsy na sis im just looking for a free option kung meron. Medyo mahal rin Etsy eh. Hehe ayoko gumastos pa muna for this. If my little DIY fails i still have my invitation supplier to do it for me.

I made our own monogram without photoshoot. MS Word, Mac Preview lang. Hope that helps. :)

I've done something similar to this for my sister. I made a logo for her home-baking startup. For the graphics, I searched Google images then edited the saturation and temperature of the pics. I also downloaded some flourishes and just removed the backgrounds. Yun nga lang, the flourishes are mostly just black. I couldn't change their colour so I ended up using brackets in word art instead :) I call it cave-woman technology. Everything in MS Word and Powerpoint.

chinadoll6

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #335 on: May 25, 2015, 12:25:06 am »
Hello. newbie here, but I've been reading gtalk for the past few weeks. Super helpful talaga!

Recently got engaged and we're planning to get married Sept, this year! It's our 11th year anniv so para sakto na ang date. So we have less than 4 months to prepare. Actually, napagusapan na namin before na ayaw namin ng mahabang planning, feeling ko ang stressful, 1 year kang nagiisip ng kasal. Haha..

So anyway, we're planning on having a simple festive wedding, and since I'm a decorator by profession, medyo maarte ako sa look.

Planning to DIY the ff:

Ceremony / Reception backdrop: when I say DIY, not necessarily naman na ako mismo ang gagawa especially kung malaking work, I have carpenter / workers that I can get to help us out. I just mean na di nako mag hire ng professional stylist to do it. :) And I'll probably do the painting since may pattern ako in mind.

Bouquet: Since wala ako madaming entou, just 4 girls, I'll do the bouquet na din. Gusto ko ng look ng mukang namitas lang at pinagsamsama, so the day before the wedding, we'll go to dangwa and buy all flowers and DIY.

Table runners: I wanted rectangular tables, so palalagayan ko na lang ng white linen from caterer and ako mag provide ng runners. Paint ko din ng pattern using colors used on backdrops para tahi sa design.

Table flowers: Wanted simple flowers in glass bottles, so we'll purchase bottles lang and we'll put random na bulaklak. Mga fillers lang para mura. :)

Ceiling buntings: Gusto ko mukang (mas sosyal na) fiesta kaya gagawa kami ng madaming banderitas.

Wedding dress: Meron kaming lumang mga embroidered na damit, papaalter ko para sa top, at bibili ng tela sa divi at ipapatahi ko sa yaya/mananahi namin.

Invitation: Graphic artist din ako so ako na gagawa nito. Question lang, okay ba sariling printer na lang or mas okay pa-print sa labas? Meron ba kayong kilala na ok na printer?

Hindi ko alam kung carry ko magawa lahat yan, masyado ata akong ambisyosa. Haha.. Pero syempre gagawa na lang ako ng priority para kung may hindi nagawa, yun yung okay lang na wala. :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:28:22 am by chinadoll6 »

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2015, 09:35:07 am »
wow! can't wait to see pictures of your wedding!

venuslovesyou

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #337 on: May 25, 2015, 11:53:04 am »
hi sis chinadoll6.. i'm impressed sa list of DIY mo... =) regarding sa bouquet, better if magpa-utos ka na lang ng ibang bibili sa dangwa, mag beauty rest ka na lang sis.. mas importante ang beauty mo than sa flowers ng entourage mo.. baka mangarag ka. About sa invites naman, parehas tayo, im not a graphic artist, may konting knowledge lang sa photoshop, then ako nag print na lang ako sa house. kasi inisip ko baka mastress din ako pag pinaprint ko sa labas baka hindi makuha yung color na gusto ko. Unless if you want na emboss or thermography. As for me, enough na ang digital printing. Happy preps!

mamey

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #338 on: May 25, 2015, 12:07:11 pm »
Hi mga sis, any recommendation where to buy nice envelopes?
Thanks! :)

120515

  • Guest
Re: DIY Wedding Part 11
« Reply #339 on: May 25, 2015, 01:42:33 pm »
hi mamey, you can't find anything here in sg? try checking out papermarket if they have envelopes, i know they carry mainly scrapbooking supplies but sometimes i see envelopes in their racks at the raffles city outlet.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close