Author Topic: All About Meditation or Spiritual practices  (Read 13133 times)

Zea88

• Junior GirlTalker
All About Meditation or Spiritual practices
« on: November 13, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »

This topic is open to everyone regardless of religion or beliefs. Just share your experience here so we can learn from each other on how are we doing with our  practices.

To begin with, I experienced depression, loss of interest to life I'm just living my life for survival. Until I reached the point to seek for an answer. I did some soul searching, met a person who taught me how to do simple meditation to follow. It is through silence that we meet our soul, reminding as that we are not alone in this journey. First meditation I did was with clear quartz since I was taught about the energy/ vibrations it brings then suddenly a lot of preferences and tools came to me from people whom I never expected to meet.  It reminds me of the saying WHEN THE STUDENT IS READY, THE TEACHER WILL APPEAR. And indeed it came so fast and the wisdom always fills me with awe.

For the meantime I practice the basic meditation that I learned from the recent workshop that I attended. It was indeed practical for everyday use. It is composed with breathing techniques exercise -to prepare yourself for effective connection with the higher source but remain grounded at all times.

Meditation helped me to be centered and connect to the source that we sometimes forget when we experience setbacks. It’s just in the surface of our being. We have to go deep, there's a lot of lesson to learn. Meditation is a tool for us to reunite with our God within our self, listen to the voice of our soul, connect to the Higher power and transcend our notions about  well-being. 

Happy Meditation sisses!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 06:08:53 pm by Zea88 »
Two things help success in life and can define us
The way you MANAGE when you have nothing and
The way you BEHAVE when you have everything

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: All About Meditation or Spiritual practices
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:43:23 pm »
Sis same tayo ng first experience. Destined din ata na mameet natin that person. ;)

There are different purposes ang meditation.. Meron pangtanggal ng stress, pangrevitalize, etc. I sought for a good meditation system talaga because a psychic told me I have a lot of negativities from past hurt (traumatic relationship, betrayal from close people, etc), and I should let go of these, otherwise same things lang maaattract ko.

Now I do this regularly. Sometimes I just sit quietly and focus on my breathing. The rest of the time I listen to a cd to breathe out yung mga negative and, as zea said, connect to the soul and spirit. Siguro one thing that I can say is that this gives you a bigger perspective on life and mas naaalign ang priority mo sa mga bagay-bagay.

I regularly meet with some gtalkers here and do group meditation tsaka chika-chika na din. :)

Zea88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:07:44 pm »
Soul sisters!  hahah

More to come sisses!!!  :)

angel..

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 12:27:55 pm »
I'm very interested to learn meditation. I even contacted one of our bro's recommendation to me but sadly, I've hit a slump financially so I seek help by going online na lang. Marami namang guides.

I think ang mali ko kasi, I try to accomplish so much on my first few tries. So now, I'll just do some breathing exercises everyday and go from there.

Buti pa kayo, you guys have met other girltalkers with the same interest as you. I'm having a hard time meeting like minded pinoys where I'm at.
SaiLing taKes me awAy to wHere I aLwas heaRd
it c0uLd be..

Zea88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 12:47:13 pm »
I'm very interested to learn meditation. I even contacted one of our bro's recommendation to me but sadly, I've hit a slump financially so I seek help by going online na lang. Marami namang guides.

I think ang mali ko kasi, I try to accomplish so much on my first few tries. So now, I'll just do some breathing exercises everyday and go from there.

Buti pa kayo, you guys have met other girltalkers with the same interest as you. I'm having a hard time meeting like minded pinoys where I'm at.

Practice lang sis, just do what resonates with you. Its all about our free will and the commitment we have for our own growth. Kami rin di pa naman talaga pro sa mga ganito, but we started it and ayun nagtutuloy tuloy na. Just be patient to yourself, team kayo ng soul mo eh so kung di pa muna then its okay pero if kaya naman sige lang practice. Yung kay MDP ba yung video na tinutukoy mo? I find it concise, practical and effective tool. So I stick to it muna.

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:38:35 pm »
^^Sis I started out breathing exercise lang everyday. And then when I did yung pangrelease ng negativities, napansin ko hindi na ko ganun kadali mastressed. Dati kasi mabilis e, tapos sumasakit kaagad ang ulo ko. And then tinuloy-tuloy ko na. Ok lang naman to start from small.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:49:50 pm by purple.strawberry »

pretty68

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »
I'm into meditation also baby steps lang mga basic muna. I want to follow a schedule religiously pero madalas pa rin pumalya. hindi rin ako maka pag advanced meditation kasi I'm fond of eating red meat nabasa ko sa book ni MDP that if you want to do advanced meditation dapat vegetarian ka.

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »
ako rin.. trying to avoid red meat.. taking baby steps as well..
its best rin talaga na you have a core group na into the same passion/purpose..
wherein you can exchange knowledge, experiences and doing meditation face to face..
i need to make it a habbit to medidate.. but not yet consistent..
first, i have to teach myself to sleep and wake up early.. so challenging!

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:55 pm »
Same here, I'm even fond of eating ramen... And I have a bad habit of immediately losing focus even during meditation!

Oh well, baby steps, baby steps~
As my friend who's also a healer said, "Cosmos is the opposite of chaos."
Sana magkita tayo soon. :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:46:17 pm by nettai »
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 07:11:07 pm »
nettai.. oo nga lets meet.. again soon.. :D

Zea88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 07:17:18 pm »
Thats okey, lahat naman tayo may mga lapses. Pero tignan nyo na lang magiging benefits in the long run. Puwede nyo muna gawin ng once a week then couple of weeks increase nyo na. Then so on. At least may moment of silence lang na ma-practice to establish connection with the soul and the higher source.     

Sabi nga ni Akthung practice lang ng practice. Mas maraming virtues pa to download heheh   :)

kaiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • My Son, My Happiness, My Life
    • WACKER e-Store
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 10:42:55 am »
pano po ba proper breathing?
..true strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart..

..i am your mona lisa..

threehundredquotes.blogspot.com

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 10:52:22 am »
^Sit with your spine straight. Pag inhale dapat nag-eexpand ang tiyan, pag exhale nadedeflate.

Angelite

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »
Hi Sissies, how much yung meditation class and for how many sessions?

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »
Nawala sa isip ko yung sa Kadampa, sayang. :( Anyway baka di meant. Share ka pa sis candygrenade abt that.

^Sis walang bayad naman yung sa Kadampa buddhist center if that's what you're asking.

Yung kay MDP, you can pm dra helen. Yung basic is energy healing science course and then you can join group full-moon meditations na. Meron din different cds so you can meditate at home. I started with a book and the cds. Breathing lang and then 1-2x a week na listening to the cds. :)

angel..

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »
@zea88, meron bang naka upload na vid ng breathing meditation kay MDP? Kung ano lang available sinusundan ko, pero I'm still choosing which ones I should stick to.
SaiLing taKes me awAy to wHere I aLwas heaRd
it c0uLd be..

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »
when i first started out, i was really excited. tried a lot of groups. punta dito punta doon.

of course madami ako namemeet na oldies from those groups, at pag iniimbita ko sila to join other groups, medyo aayaw ayaw. but now gets ko na. (kahit sa martial arts ganun din)

once mahanap mo na kung ano para sa iyo. doon ka magtatagal. maaaring titikim tikim ka ng konti once in a while, pero babalik balik ka sa core practice mo. though i believe it is still possible to change a core practice though hindi dapat madalas.

so i hope you guys find your "core practice"

so keep on meditating para mas luminaw ang ilaw ng inyong kaluluwa. kapag naging luminous yun, makikita ng master sa inner plane.

for those na hindi muna makajoin ng course, focus on the books and the meditation. but doing the courses will greatly push you forward. find a way to finance them...

or ask your BFs to sponsor you. hehe

as for food, okay nga panahon ngayon eh, daming info sa net. lalo na sa youtube. noon pahirapan. minsan makakita ka ng libro, konti ang laman, mahal pa. tapos ang ingredients hindi mo makita kita.

hmmm....meet kayo sa skype. isama niyo si Angel. LOL
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

Zea88

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 09:52:35 pm »
Hi angel pm kita about sa link sa youtube. Ako rin marami invite kung saan saan pero isa sa mga nagandahan ako is Brahma Kumaris and their Raja Yoga, pero di ako lagi naka attend mga 3 times lang ata tuwing may nareceive lang ako email invites ganun. Meron din mga buddhist teachings, like Karmapa ba yun? Basta di lang ako naka attend di na ko finallow up nung nag iinvite baka nawala number ko sa kanya heheh at iba marami pa mga groups.

Sabi nga ni Akthung, tikim tikim lang muna until makita na natin yung core group. Pero yung kay MDP tools muna ang focus ko since yun ang nag resonate sa akin at effective for me.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 10:01:11 pm »
may mga kasamahan kami noon na, nagresonate sila sa Tibetan Buddhism. Kaya nasa Karma Kagyu na sila ngayon, under kay Karmapa, yung maputi na karmapa si Trinley Thaye Dorje. kasi dalawa sila ngayon.

nagpa initiate ako din noon doon. mga 2002 pa ata yun. pero sa iba talaga ako nag resonate noon.
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

quennna

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 11:05:11 pm »
skype tayo kasama si akthung... hehe

angel...

taga san ka ba? kasi madalas kami mag meet ng meditation group eh.. :)

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close