watch now

Author Topic: TRETINOIN THREAD 6  (Read 161219 times)

vainmom

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2015, 04:51:56 pm »
^ don't know sis.rejuvenating toner by dr. Alvin

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »
sis is it safe to use pond's dewy rose light gel along with tretinoin?

Napansin ko medyo mukhang maitim ang face ko while on tret... di ko tuloy alam if yung sunblock ko panget, i use biore blue spf 50. Any suggestions? yung di sana masyado mahal kasi hirap ako makahanap ng bagay sa tret. I tried daylong na din but it looks so oily with tret :(

Ang good news ko sa tret medyo humupa na yung big bumps na breakout... medyo marami pa rin yung small bumps na parang may white... is that normal?!?!?!

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2015, 09:53:44 pm »
^
yung small bumbs na white baka sebaceous filaments sis marami rin akong ganyan since nag tret ako. Nawala rin when i religiously apply moisturizer.

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »
^^ Ok din sunplay for me. Significantly less alcohol compared to Biore's offerings.

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2015, 12:52:03 pm »
Okay try ko yung sunplay... so pag naka tret dapat ang wala sa sunblock is alcohol, tama ba?
sis yung white bumps ko para siyang mini pimple na may white pus (sorry gross!!! hehe)

counting the days na ma immune na skin ko sa tret nakaka panghina ang flakes! hehe

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2015, 01:38:54 am »
^ hmmm hindi naman. pero drying kasi yung tretinoin. non-fatty alcohols (e.g., denatured alcohol, ethyl alcohol), nakaka-aggravate ng redness and irritation.

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2015, 08:34:16 am »
i see.

by the way sis, how do you wear makeup when using tretinoin? i find that wearing powder highlights the flakes... di ko naman kaya walang powder man lang kasi minsan may nagtanong sakin, nag swimming ka ba? bat ang pula mo? hahaha

rae

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2015, 01:55:01 am »
^ I don't get flakes and redness na, I've been using tretinoin for years. Nung nag-start ako, di pa ako mahilig sa makeup, moisturizer lang to keep the flakes down. Pero when I get micropeeling, I use cream foundations. Yun lang mabilis mag-oil up. Pat with an oil film, it helps flatten the flakes din.

Project60

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2015, 03:40:11 pm »
okay what moisturizer do you use sis?
i tried celeteque with tret ay grabe breakout galore. hahaha

Pero so far medyo nag lessen na breakouts and redness ko with tret after several weeks - sana simula na to!!!!

MonaVanderwaal

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2015, 05:54:35 pm »
has any of you tried papulex with tret combo?

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:44 pm »
Hi sissies! I'm planning to try tretinoin na rin after ko matapos ang peeling dito sa 2% Salicylic which I've been using everyday as an exfoliant. I have already used AcneFree (benzoyl peroxide) before then Beauche (has tret) last year. I have mild to moderate acne, do you think kelangan ko pa mag start with the lowest dosage or pwede na yung .050% ? TIA! :)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2015, 04:47:10 pm »
Religiously backread this thread and happy I did, as I learned a lot. :) I've used derma-prescribed tretinoin in the past, maybe 8 or 10 years ago. I might go back into it soon. :)

I also want to share some pointers I learned from skincare guru Caroline Hirons:

- Retinols can very much be used alongside acids (AHAs and BHAs). Let me quote her:
"Acids take care of the top layers and get rid of all the old dusty skin, a bit like dusting your furniture. They exfoliate.
Retinols work at a deeper layer - never the twain shall meet. The acid holds the door open for the retinols to pass by...Retinols are cell communicators. If you are flaking or peeling when using a vitamin a product - you may want to reconsider - it's possibly too strong for you."

- She has always stressed out that retinols should be used after toner/ acid toner, and moisturizer should be put after retinols. :)

Just sharing some interesting stuff I've picked on from her hehe. But yeah, whatever works for us. ;)

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2015, 07:52:00 am »
^When I want to be aggressive with my skin care I do tretinoin at night and glycolic acid in the am. However, I really peel. So I just do my glycolic maybe 1-2x a week just to exfoliate.

I am currently looking an Vit C or antioxidant or peptide serum I can use in the AM.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2015, 02:48:02 am »
^anong brand ng glycolic acid mo sis, and where did u buy it? I wanna go back to using it kaso wala ako mahanap na ok na brand or where to buy. I dont wanna use naman yung mga other brands being sold everywhere like profesional skin care.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2015, 06:00:51 am »
^ You can get Neostrata or Glytone which are available at some Dermatologists clinics.

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:11 am »
^which specific product of neostrata are u using? and ilang % ng glyco sis? thanks

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:10 am »
^I use Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Cream 10% =)

roxyhart

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2015, 01:18:25 pm »
I've started on tretinoin again, using Stieva-A .025% :) Using it alongside my double cleanse routine, super beloved and HG acid toner/lotion, serum, night cream, glycolic acid cream/moisturizer. :) Every two nights muna ako sa tretinoin hehe.

luna laxa

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »
I have tried several Mercury drugs and watskns but still couldn't get my hands in Stieva A. Where do you get yours?

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: TRETINOIN THREAD 6
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2015, 11:03:43 pm »
^Stieva A .025 %  has been sold out everywhere!!!! Good thing I have recently bumped up my dose to .05% and I actually prefer Retin-A for this strength. I still would like a tube of .025% though to use on days when  .05% is too strong for me.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close