Hi fellow ladies.
I don't exactly know what will be of this but I just want to share and be enlightened.
Here is the story in my experience regarding readiness for marriage:
My partner and I have been together for almost 2 years.
We both knew that a relationship's goal is marriage, even before we met.
He's in his early 30s and I'm in my late 20s.
He is based overseas.
He is an introvert and I'm the opposite.
He is very independent and keeps to himself but he loves & respects his family but doesn't share everything with them. I'm very open to my family.
He knows his faith. He studied it. Not academically, just out of curiosity. But he is not vocal. I'm the one that shares, initiates topics about it.
We have the same religion.
He knew he wanted to marry me the moment we became a couple.
I'm blessed with him.
Ako naman, NBSB. I always loved the idea of marriage and wished I would get married one day if it is God's will.
But before we met I didn't really pay serious attention to it because I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment and pain fearing that it might not be His will.
Then my partner came.
I'm so thankful to God for him and I continue to pray for us.
My partner expressed his intention to marry me as soon as possible, if it were up to him. He said this just months into our relationship.
He wanted to get married the coming year.
I was speechless, flattered, blessed and grateful.
I didn't know how to react.
I didn't expect he would mention it so soon.
I know it is what I want in our relationship but I didn't expect it that early.
He said he'd propose on his next return here.
At first I thought, I was just overwhelmed. But I was happy.
I loved it when we talked about marriage, kids and the wedding.
But as his return home was drawing near, kinabahan ako.
I started to feel really overwhelmed and anxious. Kinabahan ako with the thought of marriage.
Idk if the number of broken marriages among my relatives has an effect in me but that's how I felt. I really don't want us to have a broken marriage.
He felt sad when I told him how I felt. Na I can't marry him yet. Hence, di natuloy ang proposal.
I asked for a year.
Then last December, he said he will propose when he gets home this summer. He even asked if it'd be okay for him to choose my ring for me.
But come this January 2016, I still knew I wasn't ready.
I was still anxious and overwhelmed by the thought of it.
I told him and this time, it scarred him.
I really hurt him.

How I wish I am ready as he is.
But I'm not.
And we both know it's difficult for him to wait.
I don't want to let go.
Mahal ko siya.
I am continuously praying for God's leading.