Author Topic: Blood Cord Banking: Stem Cord or Cord Life?  (Read 34300 times)

Issabella

• GirlTalker
Re: Blood Cord Banking: Stem Cord or Cord Life?
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2013, 03:53:30 pm »
dami ko nga nabasa na di nga maganda service ng cordlife so i signed up with stemcord last month. mas expensive but mas panatag ako na nakabank yung cord blood sa singapore kesa sa quezon city.

Kailarueluka

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I am bOrEd!!!!
    • Follow my extra ordinary journey
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 11:50:29 am »
Hello mga sis!

I am based in SG. Like you interested din ako i bank ang cord blood ng baby ko. =)
While searching for some feedback eto yung nakita ko. Hope it will help you decide which one to get.

Below is just a snippete. Here is the link for the full information ---> http://daddy.nivlek.per.sg/2010/06/stemcord-cordlife-cord-blood-banking.html

Cordlife - http://www.cordlife.com

and

Stemcord - http://www.stemcord.com/

Cordlife is seems to be more established than Stemcord. Stemcord is founded in Singapore in 2002 by practicing doctors. They claimed to have more than 10,000 stored units as of March 2007 and are not venturing into any other business ventures that might undermine their financial status. Cordlife states that they have established themselves since 2001 and the website is more informative, showing certifications and accreditations that they receive. So in a nutshell.

Cordlife - Founded by business men to capitalize this growing potential in biomedical field.

Stemcord - Founded by doctors to make business.

miyay

• GirlTalker
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2013, 10:02:22 am »
enrolled with cordlife last 8/31/2013.  so far, ok naman ang customer service. will be giving birth either end of october or early november.  i was able to enrol in the 12 mos. zero interest for the one time payment of P40K+ VAT and the automated sepax processing + VAT for a total of P57K.  unfortunately, i forgot that my bpi credit card limit was only P40K so i had to use my citi for the other P17K, straight payment.  but still ok.  i'm in cebu and hopefully their service during birth would be ok.  i also got avent gift pack as part of their promo.

nageinna

• awesome
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic >",<
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2013, 03:36:40 pm »
im also torn between getting cordlife or stem cord. i think good investment din siya considering ang dami na ngang sakit na naglalabasan lately. but parang mas inclined ako to get stem cord over cord life. maybe because of their facilities basing sa comments here sa thread. i emailed stem cord to set an appointment, so we'll see nalang.
--->always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else<---

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2013, 08:39:56 pm »
Facts based on my own experience:
1.) I had emergency cs. Availed cordlife Jan 2, 2013. Got admitted Jan 4 then emergency cs Jan 6. I was about to meet the agent so i can get the kit from her Jan 9 (due date was mid feb). Unfortunately since emergency cs wala pa yung kit sa akin. BUT thank god may stock ng kit sa Asian Hospital to think na i gave birth to multiples. They picked it up right after i gave birth.
2.) My neighbor mommy from NICU got cordlife too but she didnt pass the screening tests. Cordlife gave back her money that was in her contract. (i have a different contract kasi and computation.
3.) Got feedback right away from cordlife and got my certificate a month after i gave birth

all in all, wala naman ako bad feedback sa cordlife
Pray, Hope and Dont Worry

kreez

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:33 pm »
I was researching for facilities here in Amsterdam that Banks Blood Cord and I was surprised na ang mura naman dito sa amsterdam magpabank ng blood cord.  according to their website I only have to pay around €200 (initial payment) and €100 every year for the storage... I haven't spoken to them yet but this really looks promising.

kreez

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »
I have just been to my ob yesterday and we discussed cord blood banking, she said she doesn't recommend it daw.  kasi daw with private facilities, we will pay a lot of money and from their experience daw after a couple of years when you do need to get the cord blood, its useless.  She said that since they don't know what these facilities do with the blood and how they store them, she really won't recommend it.  She even informed us that here in the Netherlands, we have 2 common cord blood banks and there are several cord blood banks here in Europe.  She said that there are facilities that accept cord blood donations and they are put in a common cord blood bank where everyone who would need them has access and since its open for all there is always a good chance that a match would happen. 

so ayun we're again thinking if we should push through with cord blood banking or not...

nageinna

• awesome
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic >",<
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2013, 10:37:27 am »
we might end up signing with cord life. at first parang mas gusto ko si stemcord, but when i talked to my ob about it, mas recommended niya si cord life. she said they got cord life din for her daughter's son. nakipag meet kami kay cordlife just last week and mukhang ok naman. kaya lang medyo naguguluhan pa si hubby whether we'll get their 10year plan or 18year plan. ok na ako sa one time 18year payment, para wala nang problem si baby sa payment in the future.
--->always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else<---

d_zialcita

• GirlTalker
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2014, 11:03:22 pm »
Hi everyone,

Am very interested and am almost sure that we'll be getting this for our baby.  Am just at 19 weeks though. So still have time to choose between the 2.
Hope others can share their experiences pa. So I can finally choose.

Thanks.

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2015, 09:27:02 pm »
Upping this thread!

My husband and I decided to go for Stemcord over Cordlife, based on recommendations from friends. One of my colleagues said, her friend got Cordlife and something happened to her cordblood storage in the Philippines. Something about electrical fluctuation. And they weren't able to sue kasi parang the contract says the company isn't liable in case of such circumstances.

Sayang naman. So we're going with Stemcord kasi mukhang mas reliable ang electrical supply sa Singapore, and they have 2 storage facilities compared to Cordlife's 1. Dito sa Pinas ang daming issues with our energy supply lately diba.

Any recent feedback on these two?
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

nerrissa

• Probationary
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2015, 03:34:06 pm »
@caterpillar-girl: Hi sis. We got StemCord because of the location of their laboratories. Kasi we all know naman na our country is disaster-prone, especially that it is already predicted that an earthquake will strike in our lifetime. Their lab is at UP Technohub which is near West Valley Fault. Can’t help but to feel scared!

In terms of pricing, totoong mas mahal si StemCord but based on our experience, we felt that it’s worth the investment. Si Cordlife kasi makulit. Dinadaan sa freebies just to convince me to sign up with them. Then when we called them up na to decide, no one was picking up. Na-turn off kami. Everything just went smoothly with StemCord.  The rep and the nurse-in-charge assigned to me were very efficient. They closely monitored my status til I gave birth! Take note, madaling araw yun ha.  :)

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:40 am »
Hi sis nerissa. Hindi ko naisip yung earthquake disaster possibility! I mean of course pwede rin mangyari yun sa Singapore, pero mas disaster prone naman talaga tayo. Thanks for that input. Mas convinced na kami to go for Stemcord.
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2015, 12:53:37 pm »
I also had our daughter's cord blood collected and banked. I can't comment about Stem Cord or Cord Life but our family's medical history is interesting to say the least... so it was one of my non negotiables when I was pregnant.
Although your secret stalking is on the psychotic side, I can't help but feel flattered. My life is awesome!

ToughEmpress

• GirlTalker
  • B E L I E V E .
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:43 pm »
Read this thread from first to last page and still looking for more info especially recent updates with both Cord Blood Banks. I've encountered this before but recently CordLife is being advertised by the new mom celebrities.

I hope we can update this thread again :)
// Jeremiah 29 11 //

kittybabe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »
Hubby and I got stemcord eventhough its more expensive bec they split it to 2 bags so you can use it twice. Stemcord offers cord blood and cord tissue banking but i only got cord blood bec the technology for cord tissue is still quite new...and medyo expensive na if i got both.
Married my Mr. Awesome on 12.13.14! ;)

MedChic

• Junior GirlTalker
  • OB. TTC x 1 year. Now with Rainbow baby.
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2017, 01:29:28 pm »
Hi, i got Cordlife 18 years prepaid for just the blood banking muna. Planning to get the cord lining on my next delivery. It costs me almost 180k. Payable in 18 months. Zero percent interest. Paid thru CC.

No problem with electric flutuations since nitrogen freezing ang technology, just in case maubos ang nitrogen, buhay pa ang  storage for 2 weeks time, in 2 weeks time maayos na din nila yun.

Andami pang technicalities na very good naman na nasagot ng agent. More than stem cord. Ive done my personal research too.

No bias here. I am also collecting blood for my patients. Im an OB. *wink*

*plus.. they gave me Ecomom as freebie*

Ang saya.
It is not about reaching the Finish line.

It is about getting on to the Starting line.

sparklingjewel

• Super GirlTalker
  • What you see is what you get, no filters.
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2017, 01:02:16 am »
Hello! This is an interesting topic. I've read the entire thread and im just curious:
- How likely is the probability of needing to use it kaya? Is it proven to be able to treat the illnesses mentioned sa website? More than say chemo?
- Once you do decide to use it, how much will the procedure cost you? Kasi baka naman while I can afford Stemcord, I might not be able to afford the type of procedure it can be used in....

TIA!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close