Author Topic: Blood Cord Banking: Stem Cord or Cord Life?  (Read 34452 times)

akiteklea

• GirlTalker
Re: Blood Cord Banking: Stem Cord or Cord Life?
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 03:46:32 pm »
^sa ngayon you have to fly out pa. tinanong namin yan sa stemcord. the nearest is in singapore.there are 3 doctors there that are doing the procedures.

ang sabi naman sa cordlife, meron daw dito sa philippines. may mga doctors daw na nagtraining sa ibang bansa to use the procedure here.

ikaela

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Avatar from photographer Rosie Hardy
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »
Who particularly should avail of cord blood banking? Or maybe what I should be asking is: what diseases supposedly does cord blood cure?

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2012, 06:08:17 pm »
thank you sis akiteklea, if that's the case maybe i should vote for stemcord.

^ anyone can avail its like insurance. there's a list of diseases sa website ng cordlife

Pray, Hope and Dont Worry

cldy_1981

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 10:31:30 am »
Who particularly should avail of cord blood banking? Or maybe what I should be asking is: what diseases supposedly does cord blood cure?

Hi sis, there's no specific criteria of who should avail of blood cord banking for your child/baby. It's a matter of choice and siguro from my personal experience we decided to bank because:

1.) We wanted to have options - better to have options and not need them rather than have no option what so ever

2.) The medical history of our families are not very good - my father has cancer and my mom in law has had operation to remove a mass from her colon. So parang we thought na so far the cure for illness from stemcord is mostly blood related illness pero in the far off future baka mas malawak na yung cures :)

Personally I vouch for StemCord - very effecient service. My husband just texted them when I was admitted into MMC for labor and they were on call since the start of my labor till I gave birth which was 11 hours. As in nandun lang sila sa labas ng delivery room. They're a bit more expensive pero mas gusto ko yung service nila parang its still more medical rather than sales-y which I find Cord Life too be... Medyo mas marketing na yung mga people who met up with us.
"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

akiteklea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 11:17:28 am »

Personally I vouch for StemCord - very effecient service. My husband just texted them when I was admitted into MMC for labor and they were on call since the start of my labor till I gave birth which was 11 hours. As in nandun lang sila sa labas ng delivery room. They're a bit more expensive pero mas gusto ko yung service nila parang its still more medical rather than sales-y which I find Cord Life too be... Medyo mas marketing na yung mga people who met up with us.

medyo napansin din ng husband ko yan. cord life is a bit more on marketing side rather than stem cord. one day apart lang kasi nung nag-pa demo kami sa mga agent ng blood banking. so naalala pa namin every detail ng mga inexplain ng mga agent. sabi nga ng husband ko additional P50k in 21 years, (parang P2380/year)  hindi na rin ganoon kalaki, compared mo to the services that Stemcord can offer... ;)

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 11:25:13 am »
pano ang payment scheme ng Stemcord?

akiteklea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2012, 11:33:44 am »
^halos same lang din ng cordlife. initial payment is P52++ inclusive of first year annual storage. P17++ first 5 years of storage and P10++ 6th year onwards. and one more thing, ang maganda pala sa stemcord, yung contract mo is every 5 years. so if you decided to discontinue the services of stemcord within the 5 yr contract, kung ano lang matira sa 5 yrs, yun lang babayaran mo. unlike sa cord blood yata, if you decided to discontinue, you have to pay the remaining of 18 years storage (P8k/yr).

cldy_1981

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 11:40:23 am »
medyo napansin din ng husband ko yan. cord life is a bit more on marketing side rather than stem cord. one day apart lang kasi nung nag-pa demo kami sa mga agent ng blood banking. so naalala pa namin every detail ng mga inexplain ng mga agent. sabi nga ng husband ko additional P50k in 21 years, (parang P2380/year)  hindi na rin ganoon kalaki, compared mo to the services that Stemcord can offer... ;)

We first spoke with Cord Life mga Jan of 2012 and we went to the UP Technohub Office and Lab to check their facilities. The person who was supposed to meet with us was 30 mins late, well it was a Saturday and maybe they didn't have work pero sakin kasi the time of your clients are very important and parang feeling ko sa ganon ka-simpleng bagay di sila efficient bakit ko pa pagkakatiwala yung Stem Cells ng son ko na mas complicated and sensitive.

Also I was not impressed with their Lab, para lang syang  mom & pop shop. Maliit lang sya and mukha lang syang kitchen - I don't know if I have high expectations pero I thought the place would be more secure and "cleaner" (im not sure if that's the right word ah...)

As for StemCord the rep we have is Joy - she is an RN and although di sya mashadong well-versed (di sya nag-bebenta, di ma-english) pero when we asked her about Medical related stuff she was able to answer us. Kaya mas convinced rin kami.

And same thinking tayo sis - for an additional P45K++ (for our plan) eh ok narin yun for my peace of mind. Chaka nga I was told by a friend na mas readily transported ang Stem Cells coming from StemCord because it's banked in SNG which is part of the list of countries by Canada and US na parang "safe". Sorry may medical term dun eh, just forgot what it is...
"Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 11:47:09 am »
sayang nung time na ipinanganak ko yung anak ko hindi pa uso ito.  We need this since maraming sakit ang nauuso ngayon.  Sayang yung wife ng cousin ko nanganak hindi niya pinastore yung cord niya.  When my friend needed it she paid 800k

akiteklea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 11:51:20 am »

And same thinking tayo sis - for an additional P45K++ (for our plan) eh ok narin yun for my peace of mind. Chaka nga I was told by a friend na mas readily transported ang Stem Cells coming from StemCord because it's banked in SNG which is part of the list of countries by Canada and US na parang "safe". Sorry may medical term dun eh, just forgot what it is...

actually, P48k to be exact. =) yup, yun din ang inexplain sa amin ng agent namin. Si Monique, well versed and english speaking naman at lahat ng tanong namin nasasagot. she even presented a case study na filipino yung may sakit who went to singapore for a treatment...at nag improved.

parang ang nabanggit sa amin, yung hospital sa singapore is accredited by Canada and USA kaya kapag nag-pa treatment ka sa US or Canada,using strem cells, mas mabilis ang coordination at walang mga problems na ma-eencounter.

and oo nga pala, wala pa palang na-cocontaminate na blood sa kanila because of deliveries... ;)

akiteklea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 11:52:38 am »
Sayang yung wife ng cousin ko nanganak hindi niya pinastore yung cord niya.  When my friend needed it she paid 800k

800k?? sa cord life ito??

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:24 pm »
^bumili siya ng stemcell sis kasi yung sa friend ko hindi rin niya na ipreserve dahil wala rin siyang idea na may ganito. 800k lahat na yun yung stemcell pati na yung fee ng doctor na gumawa.

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 12:52:55 pm »
yes mahal talaga pag bibili ka ng stemcell. yung aunt ko na may lung cancer, pag sa pgh daw,2M. pag sa mas mamahalin na hospital, 4M ang treatment using stemcell.

btw, sino ang pwedeng gumamit ng stemcell? yung mismong baby , parents and siblings?

akiteklea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 03:00:35 pm »
^ang compatibility ng stem cell 4 out of 4 sa baby na kinuhanan ng stem cell, 3 out of 4 compatibility sa siblings and 2 out of 4 sa parents. pwede siya gamitin ng immediate family, kaya lang may mga tests pa for compatibility. (based on the explanation of stem cord)

^bumili siya ng stemcell sis kasi yung sa friend ko hindi rin niya na ipreserve dahil wala rin siyang idea na may ganito. 800k lahat na yun yung stemcell pati na yung fee ng doctor na gumawa.

sorry sis i thought para mailabas yung stemcord need to pay that huge amount!!!  :o na-misunderstood ko...

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:50 pm »
@m_lim ganun nga kamahal ang stem cell and wala daw guarantee din na gagaling ka yung sa friend ko 800k discounted na yun dahil yung aunt niya employee dun. 

Sa Germany ginagamit nila stem cell ng tupa one of our senators here I won't name na lang pagmasdan nyo na lang matanda na pero malakas pa 2x a year nagpapastemcell sa Germany.

Sa mga sis who is about to give birth kung wala namang problem sa budget ipa preserve nyo na yung cord nyo

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 09:58:54 pm »
Sisses question lang. I am pregnant Kasi with fraternal twins so definitely magkaiba sila ng genetic make up, parang sibling lang. Budget wise, medyo namamahalan ako Kung dalawa sabay ipapacordblood namin kasi sa cost of giving birth palang we might end up 200-500k SA dami ng complications ko.

if you were in my case, sabay niyo ba ipapacord blood ang babies niyo or isa lang? but I sana if may discount sa twins.

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:08 pm »
Very informative itong thread nato. It helps to know the right questions to ask. We went for cord life but that was back in 2019. One if our questions din was what if there is a need to use it, meron ba ditong marunong. Syempre sabi nila oo at naniwala na kami. Maybe if we have another child, we'll go for stem cord naman.

^ my sister also has fraternal twins and she chose to store for both of them. Kulang nga yung count nung sa girl but she had it stored pa din kasi what uf daw in the future they can multiply it na din.

cldy_1981

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 09:57:07 am »
^^ Hi sis, I understand the concern for the cost kasi talaga naman na di mura ang panganganak add mo pa the other things like babies clothes and stuff tapos etong Cord Banking pa nga. Pero kung kaya nyo please make sure that you bank both of your babies' stem cord/cells.

Kasi lalo pa na fraternal twins sila may possibility na di magamit nila yung stem cells ng isa't isa depende kasi talaga yun sa compatibility eh... If you want a "cheaper" alternative i think si Cord Life has more flexible plans as compared to Stem Cord so you might want to check that out pero yun nga may mga not so good feedbak na from some GTalkers here about someone they know who has had contamination issues with Cord Life... So that's another point to consider...

Goodluck sis and I hope you have a safe delivery!  ;)

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2012, 07:33:56 pm »
^ thank you sis! Oo nga kung kakayanin sana ng budget ang dalawa. Ang hirap kasi diba hindi mo naman malalaman final bill mo sa ospital depende sa complications thats why you have to decide before giving birth talaga.

oreo08

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 10:18:09 am »
this is one of my non negotiables... both sides of my family kasi tadtad ng cancer... mismong ako nagka cancer.. kapatid ko nagkacancer... talagang gggrrrr  >:(

medyo mahal sya pero good investment especially since health ang nakataya. $4k is nothing kung ang cord blood nya pala ang makaka cure sa kanya

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close