The one-shoulder style is a chic upgrade from off-the-shoulder tops. You may think that this trend is hard to pull off if you're not a celeb, model, or blogger, but this cut is forgiving. It bares your collarbones and breaks up your body's width vertically, making your silhouette appear slimmer and longer. Below, we give you style tips on how to pull it off:
1. Highlight your shoulders, clavicle, and collarbone even more by wearing statement earrings.
2. For a sharper look, go for a one-shoulder tailored top.
3. Petite? Wear an asymmetrical maxi dress to look taller.
4. Bring a handbag instead of a shoulder bag so as not to distract the attention from your asymmetric top.
5. Balance the look of a ruffled one-shoulder top with minimalist, classic pieces, like an apron dress, skinny jeans, or a pencil skirt.
Can't wait to wear the trend? Try these hot picks:
Forever 21 Embroiderd One-Shoulder Ruffle Top, at SM Megamall
Everyday Casuals Maxine Top, P350, at Empire Fashion Cafe Maginhawa and at Instagram.com/everydaycasuals
Mango Poplin Blouse, P2,295, at Alabang Town Center
Georgine Dahlia Top, P1,200, at georgine.ph
Topshop Satin One Shoulder Dress, at SM Megamall