Jackets and blazers aren’t just for keeping you toasty–they can give your tried-and-tested outfits a fresh new spin with just a couple of styling tricks. Experiment with layering and accessorizing to get mileage out of these closet staples. Start scoring those sartorial points with our guide to wearing jackets and blazers.
1. Belt it.
2. Wear a long coat with high-cut boots or sandals.
3. Tie it around your waist.
4. Layer them with long sleeves or turtlenecks in lightweight fabrics.
5. Drape them over the shoulders to keep you covered.
6. Change from laid-back to dressy by wearing a sleek, tailored cover-up over your casual ensemble.
7. Provide contrast to a structured blazer with soft and light garments like silk and satin tops.
8. Add a touch of ruggedness to a flirty, feminine outfit with a leather or denim jacket.
9. Sporty jackets are perfect over skin-baring tops.
10. It’s always extra chic when it comes in a matching set.