When you live in a tropical country like the Philippines, a little oiliness is inevitable. While women in temperate climes may gripe and moan about the drying effects of the strong winds on their skin, we Filipinas constantly worry about the excess oil the oppressive heat produces. The good news? You can do something about it.
Browse through the gallery for need-to-know facts about oily skin, plus what you should do to properly cleanse it. Shine may great on cocktail dresses and hardwood floors, but definitely not on your face.
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Bloom, Clean Skin, Juice Beauty, and Ziaja are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- Clarins, Clinique, and Mario Badescu are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Makati, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Alabang Town Center, and Gateway. To learn about other products available from Rustan's, check out the Rustan's—The Beauty Source website.
- Etude House is available at SM Supermalls nationwide.
- Human Nature is available at Beauty Bar and online. You can also check for the branch nearest you via this store directory.
- Kiehl's is available at Greenbelt 5, Alabang Town Center, Trinoma, and SM Mall of Asia.
- Nivea is available at leading department stores, beauty stores, and supermarkets nationwide.
- The Body Shop is available at Power Plant Mall, Market! Market!, Trinoma, SM Makati, Eastwood Mall, and Greenhills Shopping Center, among others. You may check this directory for the complete list of stores.
For more skincare tips and tricks, check out these galleries:
- Taming Sheen: 5 Steps to Oil-Free Skin
- Fair Play: 18 Skin Whitening Questions Answered
- 5 Simple Steps to Smoother Skin
- All Clear: 5 Tips on Cleansing from Head to Toe + 30 Products to Try
(Article first published in the November 2004 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines, Beauty section as "Under Control." Photo by Toto Labrador, originally used in "Taming Sheen" in the January-February 2004 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines. Adapted for use in Female Network.)