While the smoky eye is a classic evening look, it’s wearable any time of the day, depending on the intensity of your eyeshadow. “For day, keep it light with pastel shades and brown eyeliner,” says makeup artist Patrick Alcober. For night, go for darker colors like gray or black, and wear two or three more coats of mascara. Whatever you choose, it all boils down to this look’s rule of thumb: blend, blend, blend.
Browse through the gallery to learn how to create sexy smoky eyes. We also suggest makeup products you can use to get this look right.
(First published in the December 2008 issue of Marie Claire Philippines; model photos by Dix Perez; makeup by Patrick Alcober; hair by Felicity Son; model: Diana Santos; adapted for use in Female Network)
Looking to buy? Here's all the store information you need:
- Etude House is available at SM Cubao, SM Makati, SM Megamall, SM North EDSA, SM Pampanga, Etude House of Davao, SM Fairview, Festival Mall, SM Iloilo, SM Manila, SM Megamall, Etude House Masinag, SM North The Block, SM Southmall, SM Bicutan, and SM Cebu.
- Fanny Serrano is available at Watsons stores in Gateway, SM Fairview, Harrison, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, SM Marikina, and SM North EDSA. You may check this directory for the complete list of outlets.
- Guerlain and NARS are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Glorietta, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Gateway, and Alabang Town Center.
- L'Oreal, Maybelline, and Max Factor are available at leading department stores and beauty stores nationwide.
- MAC is available at Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
- Natasha is available online at the official Natasha website. You may also check this directory for the branch nearest you.
- Smashbox, Stila, The Balm, and Youngblood are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- The Body Shop is available at Power Plant Mall, Market! Market!, Trinoma, SM Makati, Eastwood Mall, and Greenhills Shopping Center, among others. You may check this directory for the complete list of stores.
For more eye makeup tips and products to try, browse through to these galleries: