A brand new year always means one thing: resolutions. From vowing to hit the gym more often to promising to travel to one new destination, New Year's resolutions range from the mundane to the extravagant. What do they usually have in common? The difficulty (whether borne out of lack of motivation, funds, time—or all of the above) that comes with accomplishing them.
These five beauty resolutions we've lined up, however, are anything but complicated. In fact, because they relate to the aesthetics, we bet you'll be scrambling to make them regular habits—or at least try them more than once. After all, who wouldn't want to look beautiful all year long?
Looking to buy? Here's all the store information you'll need:
- Benefit is available at Greenbelt 5.
- Bloom, Supergoop!, and Youngblood are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- Clinique, Deborah Lippmann, Essie, Laura Mercier, and NARS are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Glorietta, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Gateway, and Alabang Town Center.
- Etude House is available at SM Supermalls nationwide.
- L'Oreal and Max Factor are available at leading department stores and beauty stores nationwide.
- MAC is available at Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
- Natasha is available online at the official Natasha website. You may also check this directory for the branch nearest you.
- The Face Shop is located at Trinoma, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Power Plant Mall, Robinsons Galleria, Robinsons Place Manila, Resorts World, Greenbelt 3, Bonifacio High Street, Festival Mall, Eastwood Mall, Glorietta 3, Alabang Town Center, Shoppesville Greenhills, SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamallm, and SM North The Block, among others.
- VMV Hypoallergenics is available at Alabang Town Center, Robinsons Galleria, Bonifacio High Street, Trinoma, Power Plant Mall, Glorietta 3, and Ayala Center Cebu.
(First published in the January 2009 issue of Marie Claire Philippines, Beauty section as "Beauty Resolutions;" model photos by Noelle Hernandez; makeup by Gela Laurel-Stehmeier; hair by Jerry Javier; model: Ingrid Holm; adapted for use in Female Network)
For more beauty tips, tricks, and tutorials, check out these links: