On days when you want to give your face a break from foundation, try these lightweight makeup products to fake a clear, smooth complexion. We also reveal the special skincare secret you should know to get rid of scars and discoloration so you can finally go bare-faced with confidence!
1. If you want a flawless face sans foundation, dab a pigmented concealer on blemishes and dark circles.
Try: Revlon Colorstay Concealer, Robinsons Department Store
2. An illuminating base can bring out your skin’s glow and hide a dull, ashy-toned complexion.
Try: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance, P1,550, Rustan’s The Beauty Source
3. For large pores and pimple scars, a putty-like primer can smoothen out the skin’s texture.
Try: Banila Co Primer Blur, P1,090, Glorietta
4. A layer of CC Cream provides the right amount of color-correction (hence its name!) while letting your real skin peek through.
Try: Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF30, P1,950, Beauty Bar
5. Gentle chemical peels
Of course, the one true answer to skipping foundation is by having an immaculate complexion. Aside from a consistent, daily skincare regimen, reduce scars and lighten dark spots through gentle chemical peels. Your dermatologist or facialist can do this for you, or you can DIY it with a product with BHA, AHA, or glycolic acid.
Try: Pixi Glow Peel Pads, P1,390, Glamourbox.ph
This story originally appeared on Cosmo.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.