Late nights and long hours may seem necessary if you're chasing a deadline at work or if you're out partying with friends and don't want to seem like a killjoy, but come the morning after, you may just find the evidence of your party girl habits or workaholic ways on your face. Hello, zits and dark circles galore!
The solution? Every woman's makeup kit staple: concealer! Here's a simple tutorial for easily applying one of our favorite products, plus concealers to try out.
Pia Rojas, beauty and fashion editor of Good Housekeeping Philippines, has this tip about finding concealers: "It's important to choose one that's creamy because you want to keep the undereye [area] hydrated so you prevent lines and wrinkles [from forming]." She also states that a product that works wonders for your best friend might not do the same for you—and vice versa. Your best bet, then? Test out as many concealers as you can until you find the one that blends flawlessly with your complexion and skin type!
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Benefit is located at Greenbelt 5.
- Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Dior, La Mer, and Laura Mercier are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Makati, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Alabang Town Center, and Gateway.
- CoverGirl, e.l.f., and Max Factor are available at leading department stores and beauty stores nationwide.
- Fanny Serrano is available at Watsons stores in Gateway, SM Fairview, Harrison, SM Makati, SM Mall of Asia, SM Marikina, and SM North EDSA. You may check this directory for the complete list of outlets.
- Kryolan Professional Make-Up is available through Kryolan Philippines, Inc., 3/F Unit T03, Il Terrazzo, 305 Tomas Morato cor. Scout Madrinan Street, Quezon City. You may also call 332-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MAC is located at Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
- ModelCo and Smashbox are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- Natasha Beauty is available online at the official Natasha website. You may also check this directory for the branch nearest you.
- The Body Shop is located at Power Plant Mall, Market! Market!, Trinoma, SM Makati, Eastwood Mall, and Greenhills Shopping Center, among others. You may check this directory for the complete list of stores.
(First published in the December 2002 issue of Good Housekeeping Philippines, Beauty Workbook section as "Cover Up!;" photos by Ocs Alvarez; model: Tess Carlos; adapted for use in Female Network)
For more makeup tutorials, check out these links: