It's easy to rush through our hair and skin care, skipping steps here and there when pressed for time, but you'll find that making the effort to take care of what's literally your crowning glory--your hair--pays off in the end. After all, when you're a professional, part of the way you market yourself to clients, colleagues, and employers every day is the way you look. More personally, looking great is one of the best ways to gain a little bit of confidence.
We all want beautiful, commercial-worthy locks, don't we? Well, FNites, today's your lucky day. Below are the best hair tips we've gotten since Rinse, Lather, Repeat.
Looking to buy? Use our store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Bedhead by TIGI and Catwalk by TIGi are available at Basement Salon Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Eastwood Richmonde Hotel; Emphasis Joya at Rockwell and The Peninsula Manila; Essensuals SM Megamall, Trinoma, and 6750 Makati; Henri Calayag The Residents at Greenbelt; Studio 546 Shangri-la Plaza Mall; and TIGI Main Office, Parc Chateau Condo, Pasig.
- Burt's Bees and ShiKai are available at Beauty Bar stores nationwide. Check this store directory for the branch nearest you.
- Herbal Essences and L'Oreal are available at leading department stores, supermarkets, and beauty stores nationwide.
- John Masters Organics and Phyto are available at Rustan's Department Stores in Makati, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Alabang Town Center, and Gateway.
- Kiehl's is available at
- Shu Uemura is available at Power Plant Mall, Rustan's Makati, and Rustan's Shangri-la Plaza Mall
- The Body Shop is available at Power Plant Mall, Market! Market!, Trinoma, SM Makati, Eastwood Mall, and Greenhills Shopping Center, among others. You may check this directory for the complete list of stores.
- VMV Hypoallergenics is available at Alabang Town Center, Robinsons Galleria, Bonifacio High Street, Trinoma, Power Plant Mall, Glorietta 3, and Ayala Center Cebu.
(First published in the August 2008 issue of Marie Claire Philippines, Beauty section as "Get Your Best Hair Ever;" model photos by Sara Black; adapted for use in Female Network)
For more hair tips and how-tos, check out these links: