Your shiny T-zone might tell you otherwise, but moisturizing is a must even during the hottest days of the year. A light layer can save your skin from dehydration and excessive oil production—two giant culprits for breakouts and irritation.
Drop the heavy creams ASAP if you have oily/combo skin, and use these lightweight gel formulas instead:
1. The Face Shop Damyang Bamboo Fresh Soothing Gel
IMAGE The Face Shop
Stay cool all over with this soothing multi-purpose gel made out of 99% bamboo extract. You can use it on your body, too!
2. L'Oreal Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Icy Gel
Regulate sebum production with this cooling and shine-controlling moisturizer with zinc.
3. Pure Beauty Pink So Smooth Pudding Cream
This pink, jelly-like product works double-time to brighten the skin and keep it supple all day long.
4. Mamonde Rose Water Gel Cream
This watery gel has the hydrating and soothing properties of rose water in a tub.
5. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel SPF 30
Get two skin essentials for the summer with this product: hydration and sun protection.
6. Happy Skin Beauty Oil-Controlling Moisturizer
P899, Happy Skin
IMAGE Happy Skin
This oil-controlling moisturizer fights breakouts with salicylic acid and centella extract and brightens with vitamin C.
7. Innisfree Orchid Gel Cream,
You don't have to look like a greaseball to get 'glass skin,' because this product is full antioxidants and nutrients from orchid elixir that'll keep your complexion firm and radiant.
8. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Bouncy Hydrating Gel
P2,600, SM Megamall
IMAGE Peter Thomas Roth
Get a refreshing matte finish with this fast-absorbing, cucumber-infused.
9. Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Gel Cream
P2,950, SM Beauty
This light gel cream with skin-energizing technology combats dehydration and fine lines while giving the skin a fresh, dewy finish.
10. Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Cooling Gel
For skin that's always exposed to pollution and sudden temperature changes, this is a product that can help maintain your hydration levels without leaving you greasy even after a long day.
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.