Being immersed in hot and humid weather for most of the year has your body accustomed to light moisture. Even if you have dry skin, a thin layer of lotion would usually suffice. But as the months get cooler--and especially when you're heading abroad at wintertime--you tend to require more hydration than usual as the weather makes your skin dry and flaky.
The solution? Switch from lightweight lotions to more hydrating creams. Choose among these:
1. The Body Shop Shea Nourishing Body Butter
With a vast array of scents, The Body Shop's creamy body butters offer utmost hydration for whatever you're in the mood for.
IMAGE The Body Shop
2. Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream with Cooling Action
Dry skin can sometimes become inflamed and itchy, so apply a cream with a light cooling effect for some comfort.
3. One Earth Organics Illumina Hydralight Whipped Body Cream
P649, Beauty Bar
To brighten the dullness on your parched limbs, try this light cream.
IMAGE Beauty Bar
4. Sisley Confort Extreme Body Cream,
Traveling somewhere super chilly? Pack this for your flaky emergencies.
5. Penhaligon's Artemisia Hand & Body Cream
Here's a multitasking cream that'll have you skipping perfume.
6. Maison Francis Kurkdijian Aqua Universalis Scented Body Cream, Adora
Nothing beats having one of your favorite scents in a hydrating formula that you can liberally apply everywhere.
7. Dermalogica Body Hydrating Cream
For sensitive-skinned girls, we suggest avoiding artificially fragranced products to prevent irritation. This one contains all the skin repairing goodness.
8. Aerin Body Cream in Amber Musk
P3390, SM Aura
A rich cream with long-lasting hydration and an amazing scent range.
9. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Massage Cream
This massage cream helps with stretch marks, so if you want a hardworking product, this is it!
This story originally appeared on Preview.ph.
* Minor edits have been made by the Femalenetwork.com editors.