Full lashes are something we Asians covet—more often that not, we suffer from sparse lashes or stick-straight ones. Mascara's an obvious solution, but if you want to go for maximum effect, then turn to Hollywood's favorite beauty accessory—false lashes.
“It instantly lifts and brightens the eyes,” says makeup artist Barbi Chan. The application of falsies can be tricky, but with enough practice, you’ll get it down pat.
Browse through the gallery to learn about the proper application of false eyelashes. Plus, we give you products worth testing, including falsies both subtle and extravagant.
(First published in the October 2008 issue of Marie Claire Philippines; model photos by Dix Perez; makeup by Barbi Chan; hair by Raymond Santiago; model: Katia Benassi; adapted for use in Female Network)
Looking to buy? Use this store directory for easy shopping:
- Avon is available through Avon representatives or Avon beauty centers. Check this directory for the center nearest you.
- Bloom and Studio Makeup are available at Beauty Bar nationwide. Check this store directory for the complete list of branches.
- DUO and MAC are available MAC stores in Power Plant Mall, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Glorietta 3.
- Etude House is available at SM Cubao, SM Makati, SM Megamall, SM North EDSA, SM Pampanga, Etude House of Davao, SM Fairview, Festival Mall, SM Iloilo, SM Manila, SM Megamall, Etude House Masinag, SM North The Block, SM Southmall, SM Bicutan, and SM Cebu.
- Maybelline is available at leading department stores, beauty stores, and supermarkets nationwide.
- Shu Uemura is available at Rustan's Makati, Rustan's Shangri-la Plaza Mall, and Power Plant Mall.
For more beauty how tos, check out these galleries: