Actor Piolo Pascual will be testing his acting chops anew in an upcoming ABS-CBN TV series called Padre de Pamilya, in which he plays a priest. Also in the cast is actor Jericho Rosales who used to work with Piolo in the group The Hunks. Rumors abound of a rivalry between them, but in an interview with Push.com.ph, Piolo denied the reports.
Piolo said he and Jericho are friends and that they're both excited to be working together. "We have been in the business for more than 10 years," he is quoted as saying. "We started almost [at] the same time, so it’s refreshing to be working with somebody na kapatid mo, na kakilala mo na kaibigan mo na kumportable kang kasama. (We started almost [at] the same time, so it's refreshing to be working with a sibling, a friend you're comfortable with.) "
Piolo admitted that comparisons couldn't be avoided, but it didn't matter because the two of them approached acting differently.
He also added that the two of them are too old to resort to competing against each other. "I don’t see any point [in] doing that. Hindi naman na kami bata para magtagisan, ‘di ba? (We're no longer kids, so we don't need to show off, right?)"
Piolo and Jericho might not consider themselves rivals, but what if you find yourself in a situation that forces you to work with an enemy? Here are articles to help you out:
For more on Jericho, check out these articles and galleries:
- Jericho Rosales to Hold Concert for Sendong Victims for His 15th Anniversary in Showbiz
- 10 Things We Love about Jericho Rosales
- George Clooney Back to Singlehood + 30 Eligible Celebrity Bachelors
- Jericho Rosales’s film to debut in Hollywood + 20 World-class Filipino Movies
- Prince William Saves Man in Daring Mountain Rescue + 10 Celebs and Their Heroic Acts
- All I Want for Christmas Is You: 25 Guys We'd Like to See under Our Christmas Tree
You can also read about Piolo here:
- Around the World with Piolo Pascual
- Piolo Pascual Tops Female Network's 30+ Most Talented Hot Actors Poll
- Piolo Pascual, Aga Muhlach, and More: 20 Celebrity Dads in Local Showbiz
- 8 Tips on Running from Piolo Pascual
(Photos courtesy of PEP.ph)