A modest star with both good looks and acting talent under his belt, JLC, as many of his fans call him, says he was surprised when he learned he was 2011's Most Beautiful Star. "I never thought I'd make it on the cover," he tells YES! with a laugh. "Kasi unang-una, alam ko naman, hindi naman talaga ako guwapo. (Because first of all, I know that I'm not really handsome.)"
While flattered by the distinction given to him, John Lloyd says, "Mahirap din burahin yung discomfort. Hindi ko alam kung discomfort yung right term, pero parang, 'Talaga? Sigurado ba kayo?' (It's hard to erase the discomfort. I'm not sure if discomfort's the word I'm looking for, but I feel like saying, 'Really? Are you guys sure about this?')"
But while John Lloyd might not be totally convinced, the staff of YES! (as well as his many fans) are sure of his appeal from his easy charisma to his approachable personality.
Who else made it to YES!'s list? Scroll through the gallery below for a preview.
To see the rest of the list and read John Lloyd's interview, grab a copy of YES! Special: 100 Most Beautiful Stars 2011 out on stands now for only P150!
Want to check out more YES! articles? Try these:
- Kris Aquino Leads YES’s Top 20 Endorsers List + Who's your fave female endorser?
- Jennylyn Mercado talks about her breakup with Dennis Trillo in YES! exclusive
- Sarah Geronimo reveals the real story behind her breakup with Rayver Cruz in YES! exclusive
- 25 Stars to Watch from YES! Magazine’s “The Next Big Thing” List
- YES! Magazine Spotlights Celebrity Fashionistas
- Kim Chiu, Marian Rivera, Anne Curtis, and More of YES! Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful Stars
CONTINUE READING BELOW
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
(All photos courtesy of PEP.ph)
Trending on Network