64th Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach is probably one of the most popular and influential beauty queens in recent history. From her unconventional crowning until today, she has been a true icon of class which is matched by her down-to-earth wit. As she bequeaths her crown, we would like to thank her for being an inspiration to many, and to being a true queen at a time when the country needed one.
Here are a few things about Queen Pia that we'll never forget:
1. When she totally owned the competition!
That smize was all about knowing what she wanted and getting it!
2. When she won her crown...
...And proved to us all that dreams do come true with hard work and perseverance.
"42 years of drought and now it finally reigns." A year ago, I was blessed with this title. I know that most of you feel like the year has gone by so quickly but it's actually the opposite for me. My year as Miss Universe felt longer than that. Without sounding too corny but I think it's because so much happened. It's filled with memories for a lifetime. The best ones are the life lessons I learned the hard way. ???? But even when things gets tough it's really your love that keeps me pushing forward. Maganda nakikita nyo pero kung alam nyo lang, mas maganda po ang nakikita ko. ???????? Maraming salamat po! ???? Confidently beautiful with aaa..
3. When she said that she will continue to make all Filipinos proud...
She never forgets about those who helped her along the way.
4. And when she did make us proud as she slayed the 2016 New York Fashion Week!
…All while helping Go Red For Women put an end to heart disease and stroke in women through donations.
5. When she classily showed bashers that she won’t stand for hate.
She only answered her bashers once, and never again mentioned it. (She even deleted her comment later on.)
6. When she gave her support to the LGBTQ community
Because love should always win.
I'm just an advocate. But vow to to defend the gays, the lesbians, bisexuals and transgenders. It's about time. Oh btw, I'm also a Catholic.— Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (@PiaWurtzbach) May 8, 2016
Somebody has to step up and say something. And while I have this crown in my head, I will speak. I'm not afraid. Equality for all.— Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (@PiaWurtzbach) May 8, 2016
7. When she reminded everyone to “Get Tested!"
She knows that HIV and AIDS are diseases that needs more attention and less judgement.
8. When she gave that heartfelt speech as she passed on the Binibining Pilipinas Universe Crown
She showed us than endings can be beautiful beginnings.
9. When she proved that you can have a thriving career and a happy relationship at the same time.
Because love comes with the right person at the right time.
10. When, with her wit and grace, she continues to remind us what makes a true queen.
We love you, Pia!