If you want a whimsical alternative to the usual Oriental theme, you can opt for a Chinoiserie-themed wedding. Take inspiration from Asian illustrations that generally feature representations of Chinese culture, which includes elegant temples, ancient royalty, Oriental gardens, and colorful birds.
A refreshing palette of teal, orange, red, and yellow can breathe life into your Asian celebration. Give your celebration an elegant exotic feel with the use of unusual flowers, like birds of paradise and orchids, and different Oriental details, such as porcelain vases, parasols, and some metal elements. The play on bright colors and different textures lends a magical charm to a love-filled celebration.
Browse through the gallery below to see how else you can have a Chinoiserie-themed wedding.
You might also want to check:
- Fashion Moodboard: Chinoiserie
- Styling Moodboard: Chevron
- Fashion Moodboard: Chevron
- Styling Moodboard: Pastel Pickings
- Fashion Moodboard: Pastel Pickings
- Styling Moodboard: Botanical
- Fashion Moodboard: Botanical
- Styling Moodboard: Classic with a Kick
- Fashion Moodboard: Classic with a Kick
- Styling Moodboard: Art Nouveau
- Fashion Moodboard: Art Nouveau
- Styling Moodboard: Geometric
- Fashion Moodboard: Geometric
- Styling Moodboard: Gilt & Glitter
- New Theme Ideas for Your Wedding