These days, the perfect wedding stationery isn’t just about finding the right paper or printer, but who’s writing adorns your invitations and paper goods. With the popularity of social media dictating a majority of today’s trends, it’s no wonder calligraphers and letterers have made successful careers, just from wedding stationery alone (and then some — they are too talented to just be niched in weddings). We’ve rounded up a hit list of top calligraphers you’ll want to pen your wedding paper goods, from your invites down to your vows.
1. Abbey Sy. Professional letterer and published author Abbey Sy specializes in hand lettering, or the method of turning typography into artworks. If you’re going for a youthful, sometimes boho or hip type of wedding invitation and stationery, her style may work for you. Follow her @abbeysy on Instagram.
2. Anina Rubio. An edgy and modern calligraphist, Anina is well-known for her brush lettering method of calligraphy, and her gold combinations (either white + gold or black + gold). Her designs have been picked up by stationers around the globe, and she is frequently tapped for commissioned works. Follow her adventures and her work on @aninarubio on Instagram.
3. Arlene Sy. While not a calligraphist, Arlene is worth mentioning because of her well-known botanical and floral inspired watercolor artwork, which often find their way to wedding invitations and stationery. Nowadays, people are interested in putting watercolor designs on their invitations since its more fun and less formal-looking. Follow her works and wanders on @arlenesy on Instagram.
4. Fozzy Castro-Dayritt. If you want clean, classic, modern calligraphy, then you definitely want Fozzy to do your custom stationery. She gets booked pretty fast, and naturally so being a globally sought-after calligraphist. Follow her at @thefozzybook on Instagram.
5. Lai Reyes-Geluz. If you’re leaning towards a more rustic-modern vibe to your wedding stationery, Lai is worth a look and a see. Aside from her signature calligraphy style, she also happens to be an event stylist. Follow her on @lairgeluz and @madebylai on Instagram.
PHOTOS: Instagram @abbeysy, @aninarubio, arlenesy, @thefozzybook, @lairegeluz