watch now

Author Topic: Bragging on Social Media  (Read 27590 times)

bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2017, 10:28:32 am »
Sorry ulet! nakaka hiya sa thread lol

anyway, going back...

I don't see anything wrong with people posting their achievements and what nots.  I guess it depends on how the other person sees it.

For me bragging is being boastful and too proud of what you have.

Maybe, we should not misconstrue "sharing" from "bragging".

Just my opinion,  If a person shares something on FB or IG, it would depend na siguro sa caption on how they present themselves.   In example,  a new LV planner. 

Caption 1:   Hello, 2017, please be good to me!
Caption 2:  Thank you Tita ____ for this awesome planner, super appreciate it!!
Caption 3. So I got this when we went to Hongkong last December,  found it really expensive with a price tag of HKDxxx, but what the heck, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do #LouisVuitton
#Notofakes #LVPlanner #SpoiledWifey #PlannerGoals

Caption 1, I feel na nothing's wrong, she isn't bragging, not our fault she can afford an LV planner. 

Caption 2,  not also our fault her tita gave her an LV planner, and gusto niya mag thank you sa tita niya and malamang, the tita appreciates the gesture na ni post sa FB/IG yung item kasi it means na appreciate yung gift niya

Caption 3, eh eto nakakainis to! LOL Bragging na ito for me kasi parang ipapamukha mo pa na ang mahal niyan pero binili mo. LOL with all the hashtags in the world pa.. LOL


Hehe la lang na share ko lang na for me, ganyan ako mag isip or mag timbang if bragging na ba yun, or sadyang may kaya yung tao at di niya fault. 






drag0nfly

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:18 am »
^For me, if one posts about material things, kesehodang binili or binigay lang, it's still bragging, siguro may degrees lang, like sa examples mo. I say this because I honestly don't get why one would post about possessions on social media when pwede mo naman i-send ang photos sa mga taong importante sayo kung gusto mo talagang mag-share ng accomplishments. I'm sure halos lahat naman ngayon may private FB, Viber groups etc. My take on this is, if you want more than your immediate circles to know about your new car/bag/jewelry/what-have-yous, may intention ka of seeking approval/garnering likes/basically magyabang. Otherwise, you will be content sharing with just those closest to you.

Travels for me are another thing. Mas natutuwa ako makita ang sharing ng travels kasi it may be a destination on my bucket list. Pero yung material stuff, no-no talaga. I find it so tacky.

shinies

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2017, 02:35:01 pm »
Yung sa mga loan, kahit naman mayayaman nagloloan. Kung loan na di mabayaran, yun na bragging.

Mini heart attack ako sa mga posts na dapat confidential. Takot ako baka pwede gamitin ng masasamang loob.

Depende sa tao bago ko maisip kung bragging o sharing. Para sa akin dapat kilala ko yung mga nasa social media.

So far di toxic FB ko. Unfollow!

xtine

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2017, 04:02:59 pm »
^^I think "bragging" or "sharing" depends on the reader.  One cannot just tell the person to "send it instead" because its his/her personal FB page.  He / she controls it and may do whatever she/he wants with it.  If one doesn't like what they see, then posts can be hidden.

If we are very close to the person, then naturally we will take this as "sharing" but if it is somebody who we have bad vibes with, it will become "bragging".

It boils down to how do we see that person.  In my case, I love seeing friends and other close people share their travels or new purchases as I see it as achievements in their case.  For example, if a good friend buys a new car regardless if its a loan or bought in cash, I will be happy for him / her.  No need to feel bad that other people are blessed.

Also, for travels that I do, for instance, when I took the sleeper train (executive class) when I was in India, I posted the price.  I don't see nothing wrong with it because I was sharing this information in case a friend will be doing the same travel. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:52:51 pm by xtine »

drag0nfly

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2017, 04:32:16 pm »
^Differences of opinion, that's the beauty of this forum.

bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2017, 11:37:25 pm »
If you don't like what you see, unfollow or ignore.  Simple as that.

I think that's better than having ill feelings towards people who are merely "sharing" a part of their lives with their "contacts".  :)

And yes, posting the price for reference is awesome cos I did that one, too, when we went to japan and i posted that it's better to take this bullet train versus the more popular one because the one we took was cheaper.  I think the example previously mentioned here was odd when the receipt was included in the pic.  LOL

I hope that FB would have this feature na parang sa mga email subscriptions,  that you get to tick a box ano lang yung gusto mong topics na ma view or mabasa.  This way, you don't unfollow your friend, you just get to filter the posts that you see. LOL

It's hard to please everyone. Minsan yun mga maraming reklamo sa posts ng iba, ang sarap tanungin.... "So ano lang ang pwede ko ipost?" LOL





bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2017, 11:39:49 pm »
No need to feel bad that other people are blessed.



Super agree!

pretinnes

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2017, 01:06:28 am »
sabi nga, whatever floats your boat. hehe.

i don't like it when people post status/picture of everything they do- walang element of surprise. seriously, baka nauumay na mga friends mo sa posts mo.

hedonista

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2017, 01:17:32 am »
To each, his own.
Wika nga, wala basagan ng trip.

true that, unfollow (there's a reason that option) and uninstall like I did :)

I like GT better, thankful ako meron GT. :D :D :D

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2017, 08:21:51 pm »
ang hirap lumagar sa Social Media, too much sharing ng blessings - frowned upon, might appear as bragging..
sharing ng nega vibes - no no too!
selfie - too much can be annoying ;p
best rule siguro is to unfollow, take a break from socmed or mag digital detox..

but generally, I agree with sis xtine

^^I think "bragging" or "sharing" depends on the reader.  One cannot just tell the person to "send it instead" because its his/her personal FB page.  He / she controls it and may do whatever she/he wants with it.  If one doesn't like what they see, then posts can be hidden.

If we are very close to the person, then naturally we will take this as "sharing" but if it is somebody who we have bad vibes with, it will become "bragging".

It boils down to how do we see that person.  In my case, I love seeing friends and other close people share their travels or new purchases as I see it as achievements in their case.  For example, if a good friend buys a new car regardless if its a loan or bought in cash, I will be happy for him / her.  No need to feel bad that other people are blessed.

Also, for travels that I do, for instance, when I took the sleeper train (executive class) when I was in India, I posted the price.  I don't see nothing wrong with it because I was sharing this information in case a friend will be doing the same travel. 



kaythrielle

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2017, 06:06:36 am »
LOL this topic is interesting. In this day and age of technology and social media, people seem to forget that we don't have to share every little bit of information of our lives to the public. Feeling artista lang ang peg.
I think social media feeds into every person's narcissistic tendency.

Just like what one sis mentioned, pwede naman sa mga closer circle ipaalam. Kasi for sure meron namang mga Viber, Wechat, Whatsapp,etc to update the most important people in our lives, and those who really care and not judge.

On the other hand, we don't need to please anyone. So what kung ayaw ng iba mga pinagpopost mo. There's always the Unfollow or Unfriend button.

I think what's more important is that posters should be more concern kung yung mga pinopost nya ba will compromise his/her safety and safety of his/her family/kids etc....
Posting a pic of new car -- takpan ang license plate
Posting about your new house/condo -- kailangan talaga lahat ng sulok ng bahay?
Posting selfie pics, pics of your kids, or (my goodness) other people's kids! (dapat bawal to eh) -- ingat lang sa mga alam nyo na
Posting where you work, your kids study, where you drink coffee etc at nagchecheck-in pa -- pano kung stalker ka pala
Posting a newly bought expensive stuff -- good luck

Be responsible posters. Bragging in social media is not really much of an issue dapat sa mga nakikibasa lang ng wall ng iba eh (lol). Dapat mas maging concern yung mismong nagpopost, whether it is bragging or not. Ingat lagi sa mga pinopost sa social media.


amethyst028

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2017, 08:30:13 am »
i don't mind those bragging post ok lang yun sakin. what i cannot stand are rant posts. yung mga puro na lang reklamo or negative statements regarding their current situation.

why the need to let the world know of your issues. it makes them look mentally or emotionally unstable.

o kaya yung parati na lang selfie, extreme close up pa minsan. very vain ang dating.



mysterioza_me

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2017, 12:06:09 pm »
Speaking of rant posts. I had this fb friend before na wagas maka-post ng rants sa buhay and magparinig sa kung sino man kaaway niya. Kadalasan about pera (like nawalan or nanakawan siya ng 10k nakalagay lang naman sa wallet tapos may himig pagbibintang sa ibang tao and onetime may pinaringgan pa siya kasi nagsidecomment na mura pala tuition sa school ng anak niya---"xxxxxx digits mura? E ikaw nga wala ka niyan e").Walang palya rants niya na may halong bragging except pagSunday, pagSunday kasi ang post niya "Off to Church" or "Feeling blessed with (tagged child and husband)" and check-in kung saan church sila nandun. Then pagdating ng Monday balik uli sa dating gawi. I'm so thankful di na kami fb friends haha. Nakaka-bad vibes status niya.

Ngayon i follow mga travel groups sa fb, nakakalibang tumingin ng travel pics.

bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2017, 01:15:00 am »
I agree with sis amethyst028 :)

I can tolerate bragging but not the rants. 
Specially yun mga status pa na "unfriend me if you voted for _____" or the like..  or yun mga status na "Unfriended a few people, now I feel better!" LOL

Parang for me, para ano yun? need mo pa announce? so comment tuloy mga tao na, "uy kilala ko ba to?" LOL... kng gsto mo mang unfriend or unfollow tago mo nalang LOL Baket need mo pa express publicly dba?

and yun sa mga current situation rants na naghahanap ng kaaway.. ayoko rin nun! LOL

pretty_B

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2017, 10:01:25 am »
^hahaha. nakakatawa sis yung mga ganyan! binobroadcast pa yung panguunfriend nila sa iba. but i saw those posts sa mga jejemon na kabataan. *oops* kung mejo grown-up na yung makitaan ko ng ganyan. ang pathetic. well, baka ako lang.  ;D

back to the topic, yung mga braggers and ranters na yan dumadami sa feed ko. and since ayaw ko ng negativities sa buhay ko lately...inuunfollow ko nalang sila. hindi pa unfriended kasi yung iba nakakausap/nakikita ko pa from time to time. wala naman ako prob with them personally, sa mga post lang nila talaga ako iritable. hehe.  ::)

bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2017, 05:59:04 am »
True! I don't unfriend rin kahit feeling ko bragging un posts nila or di ko bet.. for me not enough reason un to cut ties.  Unfollow nalang =)

shygirlme

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #156 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:10 am »
2 inunfollow ko sa FB nung election, until now unfollow ko pa din sila di pa din maka move on eh hehe

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:46 am »
me too. i just unfollow pag di ko na kinakaya ang negativity na kinakalat nila sa feed ko or kung sobrang hangin na ^-^

just to share, just a couple of days ago, in-unfollow ko yung college classmate ko na almost every month may couple items na shine-share. I actually find it cute when there are couples na may matching tees or shoes pero yung sa kanya kase, nayayabangan na ko. una, matching iPhone, ok lang. Then recently, pati iWatch at Macbook na! Edi sila na! lol

mysterioza_me

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »
Ang di ko kinakaya yung #GGSS. Yung everyday na pagpopost ng text/viber/messenger cheesy convo nila ng manliligaw niya. Pagminsan ginawa cute pero pag-everyday kaumay na. Nung bago pa nanliligaw yung guy halos 3x a day pa magpost yung girl ng convo nila. Siya na pinakamaganda at Siya na ang may manliligaw na bolero. Unfollow na ko kasi konti na lang magco-comment na ko na wag siya masyado magpapaniwala dun sa lalake lumalaki ulo niya e. F na f niya na talaga na napakaganda niya 😂😂😂.

shinies

  • Guest
Re: Bragging on Social Media
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2017, 05:41:25 pm »
Nauumay din ako pag sobra pasweet sa sa social media pero normal naman sila pag magkasama. Unfollow hehe

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close