watch now

Author Topic: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19  (Read 83387 times)

o9kristin

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #480 on: July 21, 2016, 02:07:28 am »
How do you test liquid foundations before buying? Do you ask for a small amount put it in a case or something and try them at home? Or do you remove your make up at the mall and apply the product at the counter? Or do you go to the mall without a make up?

I know some just apply it to their jaws but I'd like to apply it on the entire face sana to assess coverage and oil control.

KrabbyPatty!

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #481 on: July 21, 2016, 09:14:45 am »
^ sis o9kristin

What I do first is I check my possible shades online. Naghahanap ako ng mga feel kong ka-skintone ko na mga beauty guru then check ko shade nila para at least may idea na ako pagdating ko sa makeup counter. Then I will ask the sales assistant kung ano mas match sa akin na shade.

Usually nagwa-wipe ako ng half ng face ko lang tapos apply ako sa half ng face lang para makita ko difference then ikot-ikot muna ako sa mall. I suggest you do this pag di ka in a hurry umuwi. Yung mga SA sa mga high end brands will usually let your try first kasi alam naman nila na hindi joke yung price ng foundies nila. :) ngayon kasi sa likod ng kamay ko na lang ako nagsa-swatch since sanay na ako pumili ng shade ko sa foundation. :)

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #482 on: July 21, 2016, 09:55:17 pm »
^^In the US where they don't have testers for drugstore brands, I would choose my regular foundation and carry it around to compare against the shade of other brands. That's how I found my shade for Revlon Colorstay.

Otherwise I just layer foundation on my jaw at the mall. I also put some along the side of my hand, I find that matches pretty well with my face. I also take into note yellow base vs. pink base. I know pink base foundations won't work well for my skintone. Also I ask if the foundation is prone to oxidize, if it does I go a shade lighter.

I know in the US (especially Sephora) you can ask for sample pots from the SAs. Pretty sure they don't do that here!

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #483 on: July 21, 2016, 10:56:30 pm »
May mga brands din dito they give samples naman, yun nga lang, only kapag bumili ka ng product nila. Haha!
Once I tried din magdala ng foundie and i-match yung color sa store, pero in the end I still let the SA remove my makeup and apply sa buong face. I'm so glad I did, kung nagbase lang ako dun sa color match nila, pagdating sa face, magkaiba pala ang kulay. Also, because I'm acne-prone and sensitive, mas maganda itest muna to see if mag rereact yung skin. At saka we don't have the kind of return policy they have in the US here sa PH.

o9kristin

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #484 on: July 21, 2016, 11:19:57 pm »
^^ and ^, thanks sisters! Will try your suggestions.  ;D

Babydoll-

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #485 on: July 22, 2016, 05:16:46 pm »
Revlon Colorstay for everyday use, Estee Lauder Double Wear for events.

I have yet to try the L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte.

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #486 on: July 23, 2016, 10:56:33 pm »
For those asking about ELDW, it's really my all-time fave. Pero hindi ako acne prone so I can only speak for myself when I say it does not break me out.

After my stint with countless foundations, and finishing my bottle (only the second time for me to actually finish a bottle - first was Armani Lasting Silk - not counting Armani Face Fabric which I used everyday), I'm getting another ELDW.

I still have a few (5?) foundie bottles to finish but the goal is to stick to 2 foundations in the end, and I think I'll be good with Armani Face Fabric for everyday wear and ELDW for weekends/events.

I'm actually currently tempted to get Bourjois Air Mat kasi maganda ng reviews, but I decided it is probably gonna be just another tube to finish, so might as well stick to what actually works for me. :D

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #487 on: July 23, 2016, 11:34:54 pm »
hindi ok saken ang ELDW. nag ccake sa dry skin ko.

so far ang match talaga saken is MUFE HD. naka 2nd bottle nako.

eekai

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2016, 12:32:07 am »
I have super oily skin. I've tried almost every kind of foundation from drug store to high end.

Finally found the perfect foundation that does not cake, slide or just plain disappear on me: REMARCABLE by Marc Jacobs.

minatay91

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2016, 12:57:32 am »
Any light to medium coverage foundation you'd like to recommend mga sis? if possible, unscented, unperfumed...

I'm using Chanel VA and I love it, pero nadisturb ako slightly sa fragrance niya while applying..Normal to dry skin :D

Heatherette

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #490 on: July 25, 2016, 04:02:55 am »
^^^I don't think formulated for dry skin si ELDW sis. Like sa akin minsan may dry areas ako, nae-emphasize ni ELDW.

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2016, 04:49:46 pm »
^Yan din pansin ko sa ELDW. 

Baka mas ok yung ELDW light for dry skin?

Babydoll-

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #492 on: July 27, 2016, 05:28:17 pm »
^I'm using ELDW and i'm oily sa T-zone and cheeks. So far it keeps the oilies at bay naman. I use blotting powder and Ben Nye for touch-ups, then fresh na ulit.  :)

shimmerandmatte

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #493 on: August 13, 2016, 01:21:24 pm »
Anyone tried Loreal Infallible Stay Fresh foundation? Yung nabibili locally? How is it? Is it better than Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin?

candacena

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #494 on: August 13, 2016, 01:46:44 pm »
^I tried the loreal infallible stay fresh, oily ako after ilang hours. while revlon colorstay is good for oily skin. nagoxidize naman sakin. next ko itry yung loreal pro matte foundation

ysa_38

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #495 on: August 13, 2016, 08:20:18 pm »
^hindi ba nahoxidize yung loreal infallible na available locally?

Ms. ROXY

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2016, 10:15:33 pm »
@eekai sis where did you buy your marc jacobs foundation? available ba sya sa rustans? and how much?

sushisundance

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #497 on: August 14, 2016, 02:43:04 am »
nag ooxidize yung loreal stay fresh infallible yung meron locally, medyo nag oorange sa face ko ng konti.

eto nakita kong swatch online, https://www.instagram.com/p/BHmVXRxDzUm/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIkjo7xjbKV/?taken-by=makeupswatchph
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:53:50 am by sushisundance »

shimmerandmatte

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #498 on: August 14, 2016, 06:49:14 pm »
^ sayang i'm looking for a replacement for my maybelline satin skin eh. di talaga suit for my oily skin eh. hehe

lovely_chic

  • Guest
Re: Best Liquid/Cream Foundation Part 19
« Reply #499 on: August 14, 2016, 08:02:59 pm »
^ Try nyo kaya loreal infallible pro matte sissies.. Hindi sya nag ooxidize sa kin and yung finish nya dewy kahit matte. I bought mine thru Shoppee.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close