Author Topic: Event Stylist III  (Read 154799 times)

torrea

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2015, 02:03:42 pm »
You can also try Teddy Manuel, Nikki Chatto, Dave Sandoval and Robert Blancaflor. Been reading good stuff about them here. Personally, Teddy and Nikki promptly replied to me. Teddy was also great to work with. :)

Hope you could send her contact details to me as well. :)

emdchua

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »
sis Caleeice pwede pasend din sakin contact details ni ms nikki chato? kasi i've been sending her messages in FB kaso walang reply, hindi din siya seen zone so ewan haha

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2015, 05:28:14 pm »
^Okay, will send Nikki's contact details via PM. Torrea, I don't have the contact details of the other stylists. I only have details of Teddy, Nikki and Spruce :)

emdchua

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2015, 08:07:29 pm »
thanks sis Caleeice :)

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2015, 01:30:15 am »
Holy Cow!!! stylist/florist are expensive!!! I did not see that coming! :o

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2015, 02:38:11 am »
Megantaur: have you been inquiring with stylists already? I nearly fell off my chair when the high end stylists' quotations started coming in! But there are a lot of good mid range stylists as well.

I had the most difficult time looking for a stylist. I must have emailed around 20 different ones, and met with/discussed on the phone with 8 stylists before making my final decision.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:40:02 am by Chili1113 »

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2015, 11:58:48 am »
Holy Cow!!! stylist/florist are expensive!!! I did not see that coming! :o

^ Hahaha, you're not alone. I also wanted to bury my head under the ground when I realized by budget for styling was so small. (In fact, one stylist scoffed and laughed at me when I told her what my initial budget was. Argh. Ended up not getting her because of that.)

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2015, 03:59:15 pm »
Megantaur: have you been inquiring with stylists already? I nearly fell off my chair when the high end stylists' quotations started coming in! But there are a lot of good mid range stylists as well.

I had the most difficult time looking for a stylist. I must have emailed around 20 different ones, and met with/discussed on the phone with 8 stylists before making my final decision.

Sis Chili who is your stylist? Gosh they are close to my venue's price, Imma die!

^ Hahaha, you're not alone. I also wanted to bury my head under the ground when I realized by budget for styling was so small. (In fact, one stylist scoffed and laughed at me when I told her what my initial budget was. Argh. Ended up not getting her because of that.)

hah! Rude suppliers are automatically out!, no matter how good they are. scoffing at me and one word reply annoys me!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2015, 05:27:08 pm »
^Ay, that's really true sis! Sa amin 3x the cost of our venue (costs for venue only) pa nga the rates of these stylists. Hehe. Pero I've read good but reasonably priced ones here. Tyaga lang to back read, research, inquire and meet with them :)

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2015, 02:07:54 am »
^Ay, that's really true sis! Sa amin 3x the cost of our venue (costs for venue only) pa nga the rates of these stylists. Hehe. Pero I've read good but reasonably priced ones here. Tyaga lang to back read, research, inquire and meet with them :)

3 times the cost of the venue!!??? Oh dear!

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2015, 02:41:57 am »
No kidding! Hahaha its possibly these days na people have an 80k venue styled for 250k (although its kinda ironic no, sana choose a prettier venue nalang that needs less styling) because high end stylists quote 180k upwards these days. Megantaur, where is your venue? :)

I had a hard time looking for my stylist also. The hardest supplier to book, for me. I went through/ met around 8 before we booked one! My pegs happened to be so specific that very few of them had the capability to do it (others volunteered to do it from scratch for the first time = which drove cost up). In the end i booked a midrange stylist nalang for just 105k (no flowers yet, this is reception tent treatment and cocktail area styling only). With the floral upgrades i think my total styling budget would end up at 145k. Di ko kinaya talaga to shell out 200k+ on styling alone hehe. Mas mahal padin venue ko but not by much hahaha!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2015, 03:30:37 am »
Megantaur: I got Robert Blancaflor. I gave him a price range, and he came up with a proposal including all the pegs he had in mind and the color scheme. I chose him since his package seemed to have the best value for money.

Sparklingjewel: You're absolutely right about getting a really nice venue and spending less on the styling!! This is one of the reasons why I really wish I had booked Antonios, or looked into Angelfields. I think if you have a really "open" venue with lush surroundings that minimal styling is best. I really am OK with the venue I booked, but I didn't realize how much styling and lighting it would take to spruce up the place.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:58:00 am by Chili1113 »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2015, 07:00:34 am »
3 times the cost of the venue!!??? Oh dear!
Venue kasi namin is reasonably priced at 60k and some of the quotations were around 3x that rate. Mga 150k up. Hehe. I agree that sometimes it's better to get a nice place that needs less styling.

For me though, okay naman ang place namin even without styling. I've seen a lot of events w/o stylists and they looked pretty nice already. I just have my personal (but childish) reasons why I chose to get a stylist. Hahaha!

reese17

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2015, 08:12:21 am »
I wonder if the amount we spend on venue rental + styling would amount to the same rate as a hotel package?

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2015, 08:42:45 am »
If your venue is a hotel sis, wouldn't you need styling as well? :)

I know somebody who had her reception at Manila Penn and had it styled to look like a garden. Which made me think, why not just get a garden venue in the first place? Hehe. You're right sparklingjewel, ang labo and ironic talaga these days! Hahaha

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:30 am »
This is one of the reasons why I really wish I had booked Antonios, or looked into Angelfields. I think if you have a really "open" venue with lush surroundings that minimal styling is best. I really am OK with the venue I booked, but I didn't realize how much styling and lighting it would take to spruce up the place.

How ironic that had my FMIL gotten her way baka sa Polo Club naman kami mag-eend up. Hehe!

I wonder if the amount we spend on venue rental + styling would amount to the same rate as a hotel package?

Dati i tried to add things up and compare, even with my venue + midrange styling nakatipid padin ako vs. Edsa or Makati Shang! Pero syempre i think the food would've been better, hotel yun e. Saka ang di ko pa naconsider if baka sa OOT fees (of other suppliers) ako talo hehe. Ohwellz no backing out now!

If your venue is a hotel sis, wouldn't you need styling as well? :)

I know somebody who had her reception at Manila Penn and had it styled to look like a garden. Which made me think, why not just get a garden venue in the first place? Hehe. You're right sparklingjewel, ang labo and ironic talaga these days! Hahaha

Ironic indeed. Initially i only set a 100k styling budget. Now i realize how naive i am to think thats all i needed hahaha you're right kung hotel ballroom you still need styling eh... so gagastos padin...

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2015, 01:27:41 am »
Oh I was having sleepless nights thinking about the stylist/florist since I discovered how friggin expensive they are. I was like I don't want my wedding to look dull. But I haggled with Mike Ruiz for days until my fiance agreed with the last price. I saved 70 k, I think that's an accomplishment lol. I really like him and he was so honest to me. I can't tell what is overdecorated or not. He would have stayed with my desired stage backdrop with a dome and pillars lol Now that would have been super expensive. The venue is in a hotel and I thought it doesn't need styling but it still needs it after all waaa.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:29:21 am by Megantaur »

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2015, 02:22:14 am »
^That's great Megantaur!! So are you getting Michael Ruiz? He is good. I saw this setup he did with all white flowers... tons of them and it was very pretty!!

I can so relate also about having sleepless nights in hiring a stylist! LOL I went through that stage. It is the single biggest yet most impractical expense of a wedding.

At least you're already in a hotel with a very nice ballroom. My venue needs a LOT of styling since it looks very informal if I don't. I'm having sleepless nights now deciding if I should add tiffany ghost chairs too!! If I do that my styling expenses will only be 55k less than what I am paying for my dinner menu (without the drinks and cocktail food),. Gahhhhhhhhhhh

Hahaha but for once H2B is actually supporting me on this haha He says I spent so much on styling already I might as well add the chairs since he thinks it will really upgrade the look of the place. He even volunteered to pay for the chairs since I am paying for the styling.

Megantaur

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2015, 09:39:48 pm »

I am getting Michael Ruiz :) I saw his winter wonderland and Las vegas style. Ang galing! And I like how he and Sensitivity have helped each other out in decorating weddings before. I guess Lights and styling should match and blend.

At first my budget for the styling is 100 k and I thought that was already high dayum! kulang pa research ko haha

I love ghost chairs, too bad my hotel is not providing them. But silver Tiffany chairs will do. Grabe I knew my budget will balloon! lol . That's great as long as you both agree :D

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Event Stylist III
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2015, 02:35:37 am »
^Yes ghost chairs are really an add-on at 100-125 per chair. I was really just planning to use the regular silver tiffany chairs of my venue, but since we were able to save on some things, I might just get the chairs, especially since H2B is supportive of it.

Congratulations with Michael Ruiz! Im sure he will do a fab job.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close