Author Topic: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7  (Read 116757 times)

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 06:34:44 pm »
^Same here sis. I am really pushing for a sit-down dinner vs fiance wanting a buffet. AND I agree that the only way to properly do a sit-down dinner is to serve 2 Entrees- 1 seafood, 1 meat.

Fiance and I were just talking about this last night hehe.  I was pushing for a sit-down menu at least for our VIP guests and he was already considering it, then he asked, can they request for seconds? Sabi ko no, 1 serving lang and besides madami na din naman yung inclusion, 2 mains din.  He flat out said no ayaw nya haha mas gusto pa din daw nya buffet :)

but true, sit down dinner is more elegant :)

mamey

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 06:37:50 pm »
Usually in caterers package if it's VIP then it will be a sit down right? Correct me if I'm wrong :p

edna_mode

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »
Usually in caterers package if it's VIP then it will be a sit down right? Correct me if I'm wrong :p

sis mamey yes plated service for our VIPs.  Pero in our case kase we have the option to choose a sit down menu (which is more expensice) OR plated service for the VIP pero yung food is the same as the ones na nasa buffet :) the VIP will just choose which food they want served.  Sit-down menu naman is more expensive kase mas  choiced options like steak and lobster

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 07:20:51 pm »
Chili, sparklingjewel -- ah, that makes sense. Our caterer does tableside ordering for entrees and mains, so we're offering a meat/seafood/vegetarian option for each, but all the other courses will be fixed (except for the dessert buffet). We have several guests with dietary requirements so we wanted to let everyone mix and match, but we didn't want a buffet lol. Hopefully no one will go hungry!

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 07:37:40 pm »
^Question sis sevenstars, is the quotation for tableside ordering more expensive than a set menu that isnt flexible? I just thinking that they would have to prepare more dishes and extra of each type of dish, as one cannot completely predict how many guests will order what dish.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2015, 10:27:47 pm »
Hi Chili, my caterer doesn't charge extra for the options, but the price for the set menu is pretty high.

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2015, 10:46:42 pm »
Thanks sis sevenstars!! Ill ask my caterer if they do this hahaha but I doubt it. Ive only seen this done in 5 star Hotels and never in my venue. I don't mind paying for both main courses biut Id like my guests to choose and order, because I really don't like wasting food.

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2015, 11:48:07 pm »
Chili, no harm in asking :) If you're open to having them choose their mains in advance, that might also be an option? My friend asked people to indicate a meal choice in their RSVP. (That said, I know it's hard enough to get people to RSVP at all, let alone may additional instructions pa!) But yeah, sayang naman the food if you have guests who will skip one of the mains entirely.

czarina1987

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 07:48:05 am »
sounds ok pero bakit kaya Actual Wedding Day: 3/10???

yannuh

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 08:20:24 am »
why 3 out of 10 sis?Congrats on your wedding, btw!:)

macbride

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2015, 09:00:27 am »
I dont want to get into details. Bon was actually nice to talk to. She knows already why we got really disappointed, I just hope she's open to it for them to improve. Execution was bad, beginners pa lang kasi sila kaya siguro hindi well-coordinated talaga, I think 1 year pa lang sila sa business. I dont want to stress myself more that day kaya ayoko ng magtaray to anyone pero kawawa ang groom ko.

macbride

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 09:03:30 am »
Pahabol pa pala:

Photobooth: Hepburn Prints-10/10

Cake: Tourist Bakeshop: 7/10

hallerski

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:01 am »
Just had my wedding 2 days ago. I'm giving out my rating, 10 being the higheat.

HMUA: Diana Santos-8/10
I just have to do a quick review on why I gave an 8 rating only. Diana is a very nice person and very professional. I like how I looked during the wedding. 8 because my husband was not happy with his grooming, loose powder lang kasi and hindi na-cover yung eyebags nya kaya kita sa photos. She had 3 assistants that day. The one she assigned to go with me during my solo and pictorial with entourage was lazy pero masipag kapag kaharap si Diana, even my shadow that day naiinis sa kanya so ang ending yung photographer and shadow ko ang nag-blot ng oil sa face ko. Ilan beses sya sinabihan ng photographer na iretouch [textspeak!] face ko kahit powder but he just ignored them. Nakaupo lang sya dun and nakatulala.
 
When it comes to Diana, magaling sya talaga and lahat ng entou ko who had their make up done with her was very happy and satisfied on how they looked. I would still book for her if ever I will have another wedding.

sis, na-curious tuloy ako.. my hmua kase is diana santos.. during the prenup shoot, nagustuhan ko lahat ng hmu na ginawa niya sakin.. pero napansin ko nga na loose powder lang ang ginawa nilang grooming ke h2b.. ganun din ba talaga sa wedding day? andami ko pa namang kinuhang additional grooming sa kanya.. aside from the groom's. i added 6 heads for men's grooming.. and the price is not sulit noh, kung loose powder lang pala sila lahat :(

sino sis yung assistant na na-assign sayo, yung long hair na guy? or short hair? if it's the long haired guy, i noticed na medyo tamad nga siya mag-retouch sakin during the prenup shoot.. si photog pa ang nagsasabi na i-retouch ako kase naarawan na ng sobra..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:31:15 am by hallerski »

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2015, 10:19:19 am »
Sis macbride, graduate ka na pala! Congratulations!!! :) I am sorry that you had to rate your actual wedding day 3/10. I hope that when you recall your actual wedding, you can focus more on your marriage to the one that you love and not so much on the delivery of your suppliers, para tumaas kahit paano ang rating mo sis and magkaroon ka ng happier memories :)

How was working with Mel Orlina? ganda ba your gown? :) would you mind sending a pic of it to me? I wanna see! :)


Again best wishes!!! :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2015, 10:27:08 am »
I think I misunderstood your post sis macbride.. your 3/10 rating is for your coordinators on your actual wedding day. Right?

Sino coordinators mo sis?

zizichick

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:49 am »
Any here has a rate in Sofitel for 2016?

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2015, 10:40:54 am »
Hi sis macbride!!

Congratulations and best wishes!!

Bakit naman sis 3/10?

Give us tips sino coordz mo.. hehe..

Grooming talaga ng gents hindi sulit ipagawa sa hindi natin sure.. Minsan mas maganda pa mag ayos friend natin eh, ahahaha. Alam ng gents anong bagay not only loose powder OMG. Pero hindi rin naman mukhang foundationday at baka magmukhang bride ang groom.. Nakakapanghinayang ang bayad. Kaya i understand bakit ang full payment eh ginagawa on the wedding day na. Kasi kung hindi ka satisfied sa outcome, you can complain and they can bawas the bayad diba.. Unfair yun. You didnt get what you paid for, on your wedding day pa! Hayayayy!!

[quote author=juwie link=topic=288366.msg8009391#msg8009391 date=1425262759

 I hope that when you recall your actual wedding, you can focus more on your marriage to the one that you love and not so much on the delivery of your suppliers, para tumaas kahit paano ang rating mo sis and magkaroon ka ng happier memories :)

Tama ka sis juwie! Wala talagang super flawless na wedding day, may mga minor issues or sad to say, major issues talaga.

Like a friend of mine na yung whole video nila, nasira ang videocam ng videographer. Ang ginamit tuloy eh dslr na cam "daw". Wala silang SDE.. Waived ang video fee tuloy. Buti maayos photos! Kung hindi wala din silang album.  :-\  Super hassle nun.. Initials ? Pm nio ko. They are cavite based.

Minsan lang tayo magpakasal, at minsan lang tayo mag aayos ng ganito. At magastos sia. anyone of us dont want to pay for a lousy supplier na money lang ang habol at hindi client's satisfaction. .


sweetgal_5

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2015, 11:52:08 am »
Hi Girls, my first time to post here! I've been researching for wedding suppliers and came across this forum.   ;D

I'm a 2016 bride, still finalising the date but more or less in April na. :)

Here are my potential suppliers:

Church: Saint Alphonsus in Magallanes
Reception: Manila Pen
Photo: Choosing between Jeff and Liza or ProudRad
Video: For You are Mine (any feedbacks?)
MUA: Leony Diaz (He's been doing my make-up since I was in grade school!)
Cake: Joanie's Patisserie
Styling: Jay Custodio
Gowns: ?
Tux: ?
Wedding Coordinator: ?
Host: RJ Ledesma

May ma-reco ba kayo for Wedding Coordinator?  :D

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2015, 12:01:49 pm »
Hi Girls, my first time to post here! I've been researching for wedding suppliers and came across this forum.   ;D

I'm a 2016 bride, still finalising the date but more or less in April na. :)

Here are my potential suppliers:

Church: Saint Alphonsus in Magallanes
Reception: Manila Pen
Photo: Choosing between Jeff and Liza or ProudRad
Video: For You are Mine (any feedbacks?)
MUA: Leony Diaz (He's been doing my make-up since I was in grade school!)
Cake: Joanie's Patisserie
Styling: Jay Custodio
Gowns: ?
Tux: ?
Wedding Coordinator: ?
Host: RJ Ledesma

May ma-reco ba kayo for Wedding Coordinator?  :D

Hello sis! Welcome to GT!!
Sipagan mo mag back read! Super dami mo matutunan. I even jot down notes to cross out or consider a supplier, hehe. Plus, mahaba pa preps mo. Madami ka makukuhang info,  ;)

Kada supplier may thread sis. Open mo isa isa nga lang. hehe.

Happy preps!! ;)

Maxim04

  • Guest
Re: Who are your Wedding Suppliers? Part 7
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2015, 12:53:09 pm »
Oh sorry forgot to mention kung sino [textspeak!] otd coordinator namen, its Events and Elements. i dont really want to get into details. I already informed her about the issues we had with her and her team but hindi sya nagreply. I just wish she would keep an open mind kasi it could help her somehow para hindi na din mangyari sa ibang couples.


oo nga sis macbride, thanks for posting this. Para naman maadress din sa mga kumuha sa kanila.. At sa mga nagpaplanong kunin sila. Maybe you tell them nalang that part. Kasi its for them din naman. Para maavoid na nila sa next client. Kasi kung hindi sila open for change and improvements, hindi sila para sa wedding industry.. Just a cent sis!  ;)


I also have a "newbie" team as OTD ko, madami ako nabasang negative feedbacks last year about them, pero as time goes by, dumadami din ang positive and praises dun mismo sa mga nakuha sila. Mine is Imbitado.  :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close