Author Topic: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6  (Read 81889 times)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #420 on: June 27, 2015, 09:28:22 am »
Sis simang and sis juwie,. importante the suppliers did not inflict more damage at may peace of mind kayo :) .mahirap kase if sa mismong wedding they failed to deliver. :) at higit sa lahat, mas happy kayo ngayon sa new suppliers.

Sis simang nung nakaraan akala ko talaga matagal ng tapos ang wedding mo hahaha!!  Oo ok yun idea mo, try mo accommodate ang mga guests ni tatay baka di naman yun ganun kadami :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2015, 04:18:40 am »
Sis simang, sinong suppliers ni-replace mo? I also had to let go 2 of my previously booked suppliers. Masakit talaga sa bulsa 😁

I used to think I failed on planning if I had to change suppliers but at some instances medyo unavoidable talaga esp since suppliers are also people who may think in a way we dont always understand. I had to change 2 suppliers nadin but both of which maayos naman ending since i got back my dp. For peace of mind nga baka kahit forfeit nagpalit ka padin, so ok lang yan :)

mhaymhay0519

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2015, 10:16:30 am »
Pa join ako mga sisses.

Our initial budget is 250K-300K. Hopefully Di na mag exceed and sana matipid pa kahit 200k lang. back read ako dito para mkakuha ng tips para makatipid! :)

imprincessfiona

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2015, 01:58:08 pm »
Pa join ako mga sisses.

Our initial budget is 250K-300K. Hopefully Di na mag exceed and sana matipid pa kahit 200k lang. back read ako dito para mkakuha ng tips para makatipid! :)
^sis try to back read yung thread about weddings below 150k. hope this helps.happy preps sis!

z0z

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2015, 04:00:49 pm »
I quit na on budgeting! hahaha! Bahala na si batman :) para kasing lahat priority :p

Chili1113

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2015, 05:56:07 pm »
Zoz: Hahhaa There are days I quit budgeting and want everything hahaa then there are days I feel like being more practical!

Yesterday at the rockwell tent bridal fair I heard some parts of Rita Neri's talk who said that a 1.7-2M budget is already big and suitable for a 5 star hotel. I got shocked because my wedding isnt even in a hotel, and I booked mostly mid-range suppliers.  I am shocked that I am on the upper end of that budget spectrum. For non-hotel weddings a 900k- 1.2M daw is enough for a nice wedding. Im starting to think my budgeting skills are out of whack.

simang

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2015, 06:02:40 pm »
Sis simang, sinong suppliers ni-replace mo? I also had to let go 2 of my previously booked suppliers. Masakit talaga sa bulsa 😁

hi sis, p/v and OTD coord. pikit mata na lang sa nilet go na downpayment. buti na lang hindi din naman ganun kalaki, but still. it was a decision i made alone and when i told my partner about it nagets naman nya ang point ko why. hehe. kaya naintindihan naman nya na i had to find another.

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2015, 07:22:37 pm »
Im starting to think my budgeting skills are out of whack.

I think you just have expensive taste. ;) Hehe a taste for the finer things life has to offer. Kung afford mo naman eh, why not diba? Same as celebs who spend sooo much on their weddings.. no matter what people say, eh afford nila eh, pera naman nila yun! :))

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2015, 07:36:11 pm »
hi sis, p/v and OTD coord. pikit mata na lang sa nilet go na downpayment. buti na lang hindi din naman ganun kalaki, but still. it was a decision i made alone and when i told my partner about it nagets naman nya ang point ko why. hehe. kaya naintindihan naman nya na i had to find another.

Hi sis, ako naman video team and OTD coord. I realized that a lot of couples go through this phase, even outside the GT forum. Some acquaintances of mine (past brides) told me how they changed suppliers halfway thru their wedding day because over time, they felt uneasy with the supplier, or they didn't like their prenup pics so they hired somebody else for their wedding after already paying 50%. Up to now may kirot pa rin sa kanila when they recall the stress of changing suppliers (and letting go of the dp!) I guess these things are "normal". Kahit masakit. Buti na lang our partners are understanding, sis  :)

I have to share this article I saw on Buzzfeed today. It reminds of all the things I've read here from past brides and brides-to-be (and of course, personal experience na rin. Gantong-ganto kami. haha!) It's too funny not to share  ;D

These Drawings Explain Planning A Wedding On A Budget
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lorynbrantz/lets-elope?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#4ldqpgp

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:52:07 pm by juwie »

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2015, 08:57:07 pm »
I went through that phase too for 3 suppliers --- 1st was a change of heart and not because that supplier did anything wrong; 2nd was because of a horrible experience with one of our suppliers; and 3rd was a very unfortunate incident that nobody wanted to happen.

Through all that, I believed that everything happened for a reason. True enough, everything went well come our wedding day. So the stress and pain of letting go and moving on were somehow blessings in disguise. :)

Juwie!! Omg super can relate with the link you shared!! Hahahaha so funny!!! During start of preps, we were told that there will be times that you will say "ayoko na". Isip ko naman I will never think that way because I love my then fiancé and I'm happy to get married. Tama pala sila! Wahaha! But now that we're married, everything is just so funny! All that stress for one day :)

belle_v2g

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »
Sis juwie, those illustrations are hilarious! But we didn't go through all those phases.. buti na lang! :)

Sis caleeice, I think I have something to do with your supplier #1! (The change of heart!! ) I can still remember our chats haha!! :)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2015, 09:18:05 pm »
Hahaha you really helped convince me sis belle!! But I am more than thankful for that! I love DTS!!! definitely no regrets even if we had to let go of our dp. :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:49 pm »
Sis caleeice and belIe, i hope our wedding will be as great as yours.. i bet it's funny for the both of you now when you look back and recall all that stress just for one day! Pero worth it naman diba? Ika nga nung article.. they're happy that they didn't elope in the end. Haha!

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2015, 09:26:27 pm »
Juwie, I'm sure yours will be great!! :) Try your best to give yourself a 3-day break or at the very least a day of no wedding preps before the wedding. You need to have some "pamper me" time. And just let go no matter what happens on the wedding day! :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2015, 09:32:45 pm »
Sige caleeice I will do that nga.. ☺ 4mos to go! But apart from a nice wedding I want an even more awesome marriage haha

raspberi

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #435 on: June 30, 2015, 12:03:10 am »
Ang initial budget na ni-set ko is 300K.
Umalma si H2B, baka daw pwede 250K pero sa Wedding package namin 200K na.
Wala pa don ang bayad sa Church at Reception Venue, invites at souvenir so malamang i-set ko talaga sa 300K.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 12:34:50 am by raspberi »

sevenstars

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #436 on: June 30, 2015, 12:13:53 am »
Im starting to think my budgeting skills are out of whack.

Chili, I think it's hard din to generalise that X amount will/should get you Y -- what you can get for your budget is dependent on so many factors, especially the guest list and your personal taste. Sometimes I think it's crazy that I'm not getting everything I want considering how much I'm spending, but the truth is there's nice, and there's nice. I've realised I feel much better spending more (within reason) on some things to get what I want, rather than settle for something I'm unhappy with purely for the sake of saving money. Like sparklingjewel said, I think as long as you can afford it, there's no harm :)

f878

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #437 on: June 30, 2015, 12:18:50 am »
Sige caleeice I will do that nga.. ☺ 4mos to go! But apart from a nice wedding I want an even more awesome marriage haha

2 thumbs up for that sis juwie!
happy marriages for everyone! :D

tawa ako ng tawa dun sa comic lalo na dun sa bonfire ng money. hahaha! relate na relate!

simang

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2015, 12:55:59 am »
These Drawings Explain Planning A Wedding On A Budget
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lorynbrantz/lets-elope?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#4ldqpgp

Hahaha dami kong tawa dito sis!!! Relate na relate.

At tawang tawa ako sa STD!!! Hahahaha

120515

  • Guest
Re: How much is your wedding budget? Part 6
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2015, 07:48:25 am »
LOL, juwie! ;D that comic is so spot-on!

i love the bit about the mom: i didn't like having a whole heart anyways!

the parts about everything being ridiculously marked up and burning money are so true!

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close