Author Topic: Weekday Wedding  (Read 12886 times)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 02:32:03 am »
caleeice, ganun talaga.. People have their reasons. Importante andun fiance mo hehe at families niyo :)
Ganyan din kami noon eh sabi lang ng husband ko, wala daw siya pakelam basta makasal kami hahaha!

unicahija7, Monday para long weekend! Kung kailangan talaga, as in last resort, ask your families and closest friends only. I would advise against asking guests like relatives, officemates, etc. because this is your wedding and not a get together or reunion. Normally kasi, madaming opinion kaya mas ok to keep it at a minimum and as much as possible, between the couple.

Which of the dates are more "special"?

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 09:56:28 am »
^True that sis. I'm okay now, na-sad lang when I wrote that, pero I really understand their position. I'm also happy that, based on the responses that we got so far, most of our closest friends and relatives will be taking their time off just to attend our wedding. So now, I totally agree that a weekday wedding is a test of love and friendship. Hahahaha  ;D

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 01:07:43 pm »
^I keep on reminding my guests too that our wedding is on a Tuesday, as in repetitive reminders! I am happy whenever they tell me na sige I'll file for a leave na. In return, I give them plus 1 so they could bring someone with them, esp. sa singles. I have really close friends na hindi talaga makakaattend and til now kinukulit ko parin (even if alam kong final na hindi sila makakapunta) LOL!

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 03:21:05 am »
Sis vitug.annie - curious lang ako. Ano ang dahilan nila why they can't attend daw?

Share ko lang. A friend of a friend had her wedding last January 5 (first Monday of the New Year), Tagaytay and umaga! Napa-wow ako talaga! :D


vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:48 am »
Hi sis tubby..
my other super close friends kasi are based overseas. I ask them first if they are planning to have a vacation in the Philippines.. yung iba napa move nila yung vacation nila to attend on our wedding.. while the others, hindi talaga e.. and I understand naman. Makulit lang talaga ako. I have another close friend in QC, even told her that I am happy to replace a bridesmaid just for her, apparently babalik ulit kase sa abroad even before my wedding pa.. super close ko talaga yun mga yon.. and sad din sila that they can't attend. Usually naman work related reasons. Even if advance yung pag inform ko.. Yun ang sinasabi ko na even if super close pa talaga,  meron pa din hindi makakaattend. :(

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 05:03:54 pm »
Pasali! Our wedding will most likely fall on a friday afternoon. So far yung mga pinakaclose naming friends game na game magleave, kunwari nlng long weekend. Sabi pa nung isa sa groomsmen kahit daw midweek, magleleave sya for us. Nakakataba ng puso. Buti na lang most of them work sa fort or makati e sa sss forbes park kami :) kahit halfday leave siguro uubra na lalo sa guys, magbibihis langsila e! :p sana maging success weddings nating lahat! :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:10 am »
Expected talaga yan that's why I suggest to have a second guest list. Nainternalize ko na may hindi makapunta due to work or school so it doesn't hurt so much hehe.

It really comes with the territory pag weekday wedding.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 07:22:53 pm »
^right sis.. mina-mind set ko narin na not everyone can attend even yung mga ininvite mo na at nagconfirm..usually may pumapalya parin..Kaya even if 200 pax ang reservation namin, we exceeded our guest list. We are now at 220. Sabi ko kay hubby ok lang mag over invite kami.

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 08:20:33 pm »
^Yeah, considering we have weekday weddings, I think it's okay to over invite. :) Our guest list is now at 220 as well. My target number is 180 to 200. I wonder if it's still realistic to expect only 150 to 200 guests? Hahaha. The glass pavilion of our venue can only hold 200 max (250 daw, pero I doubt!) but I feel it will be too crowded if 200 so I'm still hoping for a 150 to 180 max turnout hahaha.

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 08:29:01 pm »
^sis, I think I'll stop na at 220 pax.. and same as you, at least 180-200 attendees will do. Did you include the kids in your count? (10 below)

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2015, 08:38:19 pm »
^220 includes everyone. We hardly included kids on our list. hehe. Yeah, let's stop at 220 to be safe. Parang mahirap to go way beyond the max. Nakakatakot ang may mga kasama na hindi invited and counted sa list! :o

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:58 am »
Parang takot ako mag over-invite... baka makulangan ng food. Hindi kaya? Target namin 200pax.

det060403

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 04:02:31 am »
Our wedding was on a friday afternoon as well, out of town too... we were actually expecting na maraming hindi makakapunta, but then again almost all of our invited guests were there. I think depende pa din talaga sa guests yun and inthink dapat kulitin na lang if theyll be able to make it or not, kung hindi makakpunta okay lang as long as magsabi ahead para maadjust niyo yung headcount.

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 04:39:04 am »
lahat ba ng caterers may buffer? including kbyc sa food? kasi plan ko rin mag overinvite kasi friday afternoon kami. though di ko sure, baka naman pumunta halos lahat kasi hapon ng friday naman, direcho weekend na.. just in case, may buffer ba lahat ng caterers sa food including kbyc?

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 08:03:39 am »
^I am doing the rsvp myself.. and I will do another round before going  home.. and we have friends sa church who are willing to serve as rsvp center as well. If may nagconfirm tapos di pupunta I'll definitely get back to them. :) iisa isahin ko sila lol! :)

^sis dcpdane
Kbyc madaming food lage in excess so before kami mkauwi which is 2 weeks before wedding. .macoconfirm namin the exact number of guests.

^sis caleeice
yes sis I'll stop na at 220 narin.. :)
I have guests na may bata na mahirap tanggihan especially the principal sponsors.   Hahahah!  :)

dcpdane

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 08:07:33 am »
thanks sis vitug.annie! :) Yung tita ko, nainlove masyado sa casa real 2nd floor. eh ang kaya lang nya 80pax sa loob. if excess, nasa balcony na yung iba. kasya daw. pero ok lang kaya yun? parang leftout yung iba sa balcony, malaki naman at kita nila happening, pero sayang aircon lalabas kung bubuksan doors. kung isasara naman at sa salamin lang sila manonood, parang kawawa naman... although ganda at luwag talaga balcony to be fair. ayos din for smokers. kaso ewan, unless ok lang na practice it o sa weddings...

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 09:08:34 am »
eh ang kaya lang nya 80pax sa loob. if excess, nasa balcony na yung iba. kasya daw. pero ok lang kaya yun? parang leftout yung iba sa balcony, malaki naman at kita nila happening, pero sayang aircon lalabas kung bubuksan doors.

Hmmm... I think buffer seats can be placed in the balcony just to be safe. In case lumampas. However, parang kawawa naman those who will be seated there. Maybe it's better to just over invite by around 10% of your supposed max number of guests? :)

Parang takot ako mag over-invite... baka makulangan ng food. Hindi kaya? Target namin 200pax.

For a weekday wedding, I think it's okay to over invite. :) One coordinator (not ours. someone we met before we booked ours) advised me that usual turnout is -10% or +10% of guest list. Pero for weekdays, most certainly -10% yan. :)

^I am doing the rsvp myself.. and I will do another round before going  home.. and we have friends sa church who are willing to serve as rsvp center as well.

Ako rin sis. I sent electronic save the dates to at least get an idea of the expected number of people. Those who confirm will also be the only ones who will probably receive invitations. Haha! Tapos I asked certain point persons to take charge of RSVP for that certain group. Good luck to us sis! Hope our RSVP turns out well. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:10:54 am by caleeice »

tan.denise54

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 09:21:42 am »
My sister got married on a wednesday because it's their anniversary. The parents are so much against it at first because it's hassle for the guests especially the relatives. But my sister and her fiance insisted on the date. It was a nice wedding. I guess everyone who went really loves them and left work to be with them.

Hi, Sisters -

I wonder if there are Weekday Brides here. I'll be getting married on a Friday afternoon (last Friday of December before Christmas). I would like like to ask how's the turn-out for a weekday wedding, advantages/disadvantages, etc.

Thanks!

soontobemrsmacho

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »
Our wedding is on a weekday in December also. The week right before Christmas! We are both from abroad and a lot of h2b's family is flying in for the occasion (well....hopefully!!! that's what they said anyway)

Sana naman majority of our guests go....we are only able to come home once in awhile so they should understand naman, right?? what's one weekday out of 52 weeks in a year?!

I take things so personal kasi....so when I mentioned to some of my friends in Manila na the wedding will be on a weekday, they said okay naman, they will just leave early daw because of work the next day. LEAVE EARLY COZ OF WORK THE NEXT DAY? Eh diba almost every week you post a picture or status message about going out to the bar or having an inuman on a weekday??

Our friends from abroad I understand if they cant make it. A plane ticket alone could cost up to 70-80k, so I fully get it if they cant go. But if you're based in Manila and you can't go or you have to eat and run because of work? I don't buy it. As if naman you go to sleep at 10PM?? SMH.

That's why 99% of our guests are family and only our closest friends. Coz they will never let you down no matter what!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:11:27 pm by soontobemrsmacho »

rhosalie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2015, 12:20:07 am »
Subscribing mga sis.. Our wedding (blessing) day will fall off on Thursday.. My mum choose the wedding date for us and we agreed on it not only because we're honouring my mum but because that is the same date where St. George day celebrated.. This is the name of the Catholic church where me and my hubby used to go to every Sunday while I was in his home country. Anyway, being on a weekday wedding can be stressing not only to us but to our guests that needs to book or file a leave just to go on our wedding, nonetheless, we value their presence just like they value being the chosen one to be our guests

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close