Author Topic: Weekday Wedding  (Read 12798 times)

Tubby

  • Guest
Weekday Wedding
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:36:30 am »
Hi, Sisters -

I wonder if there are Weekday Brides here. I'll be getting married on a Friday afternoon (last Friday of December before Christmas). I would like like to ask how's the turn-out for a weekday wedding, advantages/disadvantages, etc.

Thanks!

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:39 am »
Ours will be on a Tuesday afternoon.  :) I think I should send our save the date cards asap. :)

zizichick

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:09:21 am »
It is a test of true friendship and family that loves you. I myself is having a weekday wedding. But I won't take it too seriously if they can't attend to my wedding. Everyone has its own priorities, especially in your case that it is near Christmas, you should be fast enough to inform them as soon as possible so that they won't get any appointment on that date as much as possible. Most specially to the guests that you really wanted to be there. 

caleeice

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:15:04 am »
We're having a weekday weekday wedding as well. We limited our guest list to those really close to us. I started telling people that I'll understand if they won't be able to come and that they should just tell me beforehand. Otherwise, mag-tatampo ako kapag biglang hindi sila sumipot at magparamdam! Hahaha

Interesting to hear some feedback from those who already had their wedding. :)

rashimeh

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 12:08:35 pm »
pasali ^_^
I'm having a weekday wedding too!
A weekday morning wedding. Hihi.
Hopeful na may pumunta na friends kahit busy sila
Sa family naman most probably, nandun sila, coz nasa vacation pa din naman sila nun :)

sparklingjewel

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 03:21:12 pm »
A weekday wedding asks a lot more from each guest than a weekend one. You're asking them to skip work or school for you, plus the hassle na late uuwi after so puyat the next day, so all the more you should make sure the reception food and everything else is good and enjoyable. Expect some important people wont make it, and mas mahirap din kumuha ng sponsors.

I'm getting married on a Wednesday afternoon, but we made sure it's a holiday so we dont have to ask so much from each guest. Yung iba din kasi iniisip na kaya nagweekday para less guests pumunta = less gastos ng couple. Naubusan kami ng weekends.

jekay

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 03:23:18 pm »
we're having a weekday wedding too, it's on a Thursday afternoon. we'll have a very intimate wedding (60+ guests). ito yung mga near and dear to our hearts and feeling namin ganun din kami sa kanila. I'm hoping na lahat maka-attend. :)

vitug.annie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 06:23:53 pm »
I hope that majority of my guests will attend.. mine will be on a Tuesday afternoon naman. We didn't "just" chose this date, it will be our 3rd year civil wedding anniversary as well and we've agreed to have the church wedding on the same date kasi. Aside from that, I was told that it's vacation for students in pinas itong time na to so I hope and pray na less traffic din. we will have 200 guests. Puro family and close friends.  Maaga pa lang we told our friends na it's a weekday wedding. But still I'm a bit anxious.

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:32 pm »
Our wedding was on a Monday because it's our anniversary.

When having a weekday wedding, while it's true that it is a test of friendship, do expect that not everyone can go due to work or school. Aside from this, people may also get sick or can't go due to weather. So wag masyado magtampo hehe.
Ang importante naman eh yung entourage, sponsors, and families. Relatives more on close lang.

Because of this, the general practice is to over invite. In our case, we invited x2 pax and yet there were still extra seats.
We had the suppliers eat from the buffet na lang :) ordering dinner was a plan b anyway.

Kailangan din maging strict sa rsvp so send early placeholder o kaya STD. Tapos yung formal invitation agahan din like 2 months before.

It was nerve wracking months before pero nung malapit na, bahala system na hehe.

Eto pa lang naisip ko. Let me know if you have other questions :)

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 02:44:24 am »

Thanks for all your replies! Very insightful. My choice is either a Friday afternoon or a Sunday afternoon --- exactly a year from now. H2B is not too keen on a Sunday wedding. Plus - it's easier to ask guests to stay late on a Friday than on a Sunday (though Monday before Christmas has a vacation mode feel already).

I have a non-negotiable supplier who can't make my weekend requirement thus we opted for a Friday afternoon. Goodluck to us and, yeah, I support test of friendship! I'll be booking/paying for downpayment my caterer, venue and church later. Thanks, sisters!

If may ma-share pa iba dyan! please, please share

bzbee

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 03:05:07 am »
i attended a friday wedding once and sadly, turnout was not so good. there were around 2-3 empty tables and most tables had empty seats. maraming nag confirm but couldn't make it at the last minute for simple reasons like traffic, biglaang meeting sa office or OT sa work, etc. bukod pa yun sa mga hindi talaga maka-attend ng wedding at all because hindi makapag leave sa work. not trying to scare you girls ha, just based on experience. :)

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 03:10:59 am »
Oh and, there will ALWAYS be side comments about weekday weddings because it's not normal. Kesyo ayaw mag invite, hassle, wala na ba ibang date, etc.  Be ready for this😌

zizichick

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 09:13:44 am »
^ and since tayo naman may gusto ng weekday weeding, remind to self lang na tayo yung nag-aask ng malaking favor na sana pagbigyan nila and accept the fact na madaming rejection pero sana nga mag-inform lang ng ayos.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:46:44 am by zizichick »

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 12:19:26 pm »
Yes parang favor but you'll feel the love from those closest to you. Pag kasi acquaintance lang walang pake yan sa rsvp😛

Make sure the food is good and the venue is comfortable. Nakakainis yung nagabsent na nga tapos di pa nagenjoy.

Kung may pasok kinaumagahan at kung malayo yung venue, make your program short. If not, the guests might leave early without finishing it.

I noticed also some supplier's rates are lower pag except if Fridays.



No regrets kami on having a weekday wedding ☺

abbmg

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 09:01:51 pm »
had ours on a thursday kasi yun naman yung monthsary date namin. true na konti lang ang turn out pero ok lang kasi yung family and friends na gusto kong umattend ay pumunta naman. :) saka we told them about it mga 4 months in advance para ma sure na masave ang date.

Tubby

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 05:31:13 am »
Thanks for all your replies, sissies!
I'll keep all your suggestions in mind.

I will also Save The Date earlier and will probably personally confirm their attendance myself.

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 11:04:47 am »
I'm also a Friday afternoon bride! November 27, 2015. What's even more challenging is that, it's a payday weekend, and it's the day that most companies would give out the 13th month pay of employees. So I'm anticipating that traffic would be even worse. Narealize lang namin ito nung nabook na namin halos lahat ng major suppliers. Wala na kasing available weekend date sa Church na gusto namin. I guess we need to brief all of our guests about it.

donselle

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 02:07:16 pm »
^ naalala ko tuloy yung wedding ng BFF ko. same date as yours, nga lang last 2013 pa sya. may significance kasi sa then-engaged couple ang 11/27 na date so yun ang pinili nila. it was a wednesday morning wedding, and so I had to skip work and school just to be there for her wedding. I don't mind doing that because besides being her bridesmaid, di ako papayag na ma-miss ko ang kasal nya.

buti na lang more than one year before the wedding date eh sinabi na nya sa akin, dala siguro ng sobrang excitement. it helped na sinabi nya agad dahil nakapag-plano ako agad in terms of maiiwan kong responsibilities sa office that day.

so girls, malaking bagay na ma-inform agad ang mga invited nyo sa kasal kasi at the very least makakapag-plano sila beforehand. pero would you agree with me na kung importante ang couple para sa imbitado, gagawa at gagawa sila ng paraan para di nila ma-miss ang special day nila? :)

juwie

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 03:40:41 pm »
True sis! And thanks sa inputs. Kapag importante talaga kami sa family/friends namin and masaya sila para sa amin, they will be there no matter what. Plus pwede naman sila makapahinga after our wedding kasi Nov 30 (Monday) is a PH holiday hihi.

Question, given our wedding day's circumstance, can we already send Save The Date invites, kahit sa Facebook lang muna? Or is it too soon? It's around 10months from now. Don't wanna appear too excited although I really am. hehe

j.adore

  • Guest
Re: Weekday Wedding
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 04:13:13 pm »
Go ahead and send STD kung ready naman na ☺ keber na lang kung may magcomment na excited ka haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close